Warren Lane

bugs bunny

As a lot of people know I have a soft spot for Stratford / Ripple Lane engines circa 1990

The next layout will have a very Eastenders feel about it,

With this in mind I have been searching for another blue 37 that would fit the bill.

I decided on this one.

5384394901_6742fd13f6_o.jpg

37216 Transferred to stratford 1987 here pictured at Ipswich 1990 complete with cockney sparrow.

It was repainted green and named Great eastern in 1992

My almost finished version of 37216

37216a.jpg

I started with the Bachmann 32-781 model as a base

32-781.jpg

I removed the ends and all the windows, and filled in the extra steps with filler.

fitted shawplan etched cab windows.

Then resprayed the whole thing In a home brew version of faded BR Blue

and painted on the cantrail strips

After the decals were applied, it was heavily weathered to represent the prototype

The ends are modified from another Bachmann 37.

The chassis has been rewheeled with Alan gibson EM Gauge wheels (for the new layout)

and has a base reflex speaker in the fuel tanks....sound is from ESU v4 courtesy of Legomannbiffo

The Engine pictured on Oldshaw

37216b.jpg

37216c.jpg

37216d.jpg

There is every chance i will do another 00 gauge chassis for 37216 so it will be seen on Warren Lane when we finally take it back to the late eighties (one day)

Nice Alan really looks good br blue all the way

There is every chance i will do another 00 gauge chassis for 37216 so it will be seen on Warren Lane when we finally take it back to the late eighties (one day)

The prototype key ingredient for that is in the post on it's way to me for evaluation, watch this space bud ;)

Next Stratford project is 37057

She was allocated to Stratford freightliner pool 1989

Seen here at Felixstowe North Terminal

post-9211-0-00096200-1386089977_thumb.jpg

The Bachmann model depicts 37057  after transfer to Tinsley where it was named Viking.

post-9211-0-50461000-1386090028_thumb.jpg

I weathered this engine before I researched  her history ... so I have to  remove the name and if i'm brave the high intensity lights.

post-9211-0-95047100-1386090017_thumb.jpg

This picture show the difference between the original Bachmann windows and the shawplan Etched windows on 37216

post-9211-0-25620200-1386090058_thumb.jpg

37057 at Felixstowe.jpg

The Bachmann model depicts 37057 after transfer to Tinsley where it was named Viking.

37057b.jpg

I weathered this engine before I researched her history ... so I have to remove the name and if i'm brave the high intensity lights.

37057a.jpg

This picture show the difference between the original Bachmann windows and the shawplan Etched windows on 37216

37057d.jpg

My god Alan you will be catching me up soon for class 37s

37057 at Felixstowe.jpg

The Bachmann model depicts 37057 after transfer to Tinsley where it was named Viking.

37057b.jpg

I weathered this engine before I researched her history ... so I have to remove the name and if i'm brave the high intensity lights.

37057a.jpg

This picture show the difference between the original Bachmann windows and the shawplan Etched windows on 37216

37057d.jpg

Looking awesome thou Alan do love a class 37

Can you point us in a rough direction Pete?

Ta

Try this as a starter: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/20844-stratford-depot/

The problem with Stratford MPD (despite being the largest in Europe) is that (like the old GER lines in general) it was/is deeply unfashionable. No Gentlemen driving Bentleys taking photos there!

YouTube is a brilliant source for dodgy videos of Stratford (taken from the Station), however....

Trust this helps...

Best, Pete.

Try this as a starter: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/20844-stratford-depot/

The problem with Stratford MPD (despite being the largest in Europe) is that (like the old GER lines in general) it was/is deeply unfashionable. No Gentlemen driving Bentleys taking photos there!

YouTube is a brilliant source for dodgy videos of Stratford (taken from the Station), however....

Trust this helps...

Best, Pete.

And that for me is it's biggest appeal! Cheers Pete.

Some videos of Stratford were taken by a guy and his dog (don't laugh but I thought the other name was a girl, I should have guessed) if I remember his name I'll post it.

In the meantime here's one from 1991 (22years ago!!!) in the snow:

Worth it just for the two 37's with plows (with teeth)!

Best, Pete.

I've not even watched the video yet but i know i want a plough with teeth!

Edit: Now i've watched it, point 1: good fashion sense early 90s commuters :) And point 2: interesting push-pull set seen passing through each way with no buffet but does have an IC BG...... I may have to get one that's more acceptable than my old wrong length Lima example for a slightly different take on one of my carriage rakes.

Archived