Warren Lane

bugs bunny

• RMweb Premium

All quiet on the Warren Lane front.......

Hey Alan, i think i've found some replacement working cranes next time there's failures:

http://www.playmobil.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-GB-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?pid=5254

Plus they're so much cheaper to, given the vast sums Heljan cranes seem to go on eBay for.

Plus they're so much cheaper to, given the vast sums Heljan cranes seem to go on eBay for.

On offer at £28 from John Lewis......Joking aside, at nearly 2ft high and 2ft wide with 6 inches between the legs, do some detailing changes and add some running gear at the bottom and they roughly scale out as some of the smaller dock side container cranes in N gauge. The mechanism for picking up containers would be the stumbling point.

• RMweb Premium

On offer at £28 from John Lewis......Joking aside, at nearly 2ft high and 2ft wide with 6 inches between the legs, do some detailing changes and add some running gear at the bottom and they roughly scale out as some of the smaller dock side container cranes in N gauge. The mechanism for picking up containers would be the stumbling point.

How about replacing it with a scratch built one more suited to the task. Your not thinking of doing n gauge container terminal r u?

How about replacing it with a scratch built one more suited to the task. Your not thinking of doing n gauge container terminal r u?

Nooooo, i don't have enough N stock to think of changing! OO Dockside cranes have been resident in my head before, but even the smallest types would stand at 4ft tall. The act of scratch building replacements for the Heljan cranes.....not impossible but very time consuming and expensive, the parts and components are all out there but time and money are against me at this moment from biting the bullet and starting because of work.

• 2 weeks later...

thought these may be of interest to you.

Located just off the A1 at Hatfield....been passing them for years and have never stopped to take a photo.......

attachicon.gifIMG_1697.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_1696.jpeg

Regards

Nick

Cracking stuff, not seen one of those for a good while. Judging by that i'd say i got the Freightliner lettering on the transfer to small :( 

Can you pop down with a tape measure for me next time please and see if those boxes are standing at 8ft or 8ft6in high as the relevant bits of code seem to have been removed!? lol

Assuming you're not joking....I can certainly do that one day ...easy enough.

Amazing how well the livery has lasted isn't it ?!

Oh how i wish i was joking......

You're right, a couple of decades sat out un protected and they're still looking rather well compared to some abandoned boxes.

To show my time in exile in the west midlands is not being completely wasted, and to see how well the camera on my tablet works and whether I can post pictures from it, here's some boxes I've been working on to boost the 30 fleet. The red ones have been in progress for a while but all have received their final transfers this evening :)

The Bulkhaul boxes are not my finest effort so far and the letters will need touching up on 2 of them but I think they'll come out ok eventually. The red and blue boxes both sport the excellent c-rail transfers, let down by my hooves trying to apply them :(

The white one is a home brewed Shmidt group box from Germany, I was not sure whether this was worth doing until I passed one on the m4 a couple of months ago so they have made it to the uk! Big thanks to Mr Tom Smith again for images to help with the art work.

post-9147-0-28956700-1391462175_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

The new layout is at the drawing stage , and is progressing well

The stock is being built at the moment, which is why you see a lot of Stratford stock on Oldshaw.

Warren Lane is beginning its farewell tour this year (about 5 shows) starting next month with Basingstoke

We only have one show booked for 2015 which will be the final one at Warley.

So come and see us this year

To show my time in exile in the west midlands is not being completely wasted, and to see how well the camera on my tablet works and whether I can post pictures from it, here's some boxes I've been working on to boost the 30 fleet. The red ones have been in progress for a while but all have received their final transfers this evening :)

The Bulkhaul boxes are not my finest effort so far and the letters will need touching up on 2 of them but I think they'll come out ok eventually. The red and blue boxes both sport the excellent c-rail transfers, let down by my hooves trying to apply them :(

The white one is a home brewed Shmidt group box from Germany, I was not sure whether this was worth doing until I passed one on the m4 a couple of months ago so they have made it to the uk! Big thanks to Mr Tom Smith again for images to help with the art work.

attachicon.gif20140203_211046.jpg

HI All

The transfers can be pushed in with a sponge after the microsole has done its work, the sponge does not seem to distort them, after that i use a brush for the eaquard bits,   

Regards Arran

• RMweb Premium

it is a shame to see this layout come to an end, are you coming near Lincolnshire this year?

Sean

Warren Lane will be at the Hull show this year on 8/9th of November and is only 40 miles from Lincoln. Google maps recons on about an hours drive, ish

Archived