RMweb

Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

good  reason to buy my first copy since way back when I reckon :)

According to the trailer inside the back cover of "Hornby Magazine" - "Cornwall is the setting for Alan Davies' wonderful home based layout Wencombe..." which might be a shock for some people expecting the South Hams.

According to the trailer inside the back cover of "Hornby Magazine" - "Cornwall is the setting for Alan Davies' wonderful home based layout Wencombe..." which might be a shock for some people expecting the South Hams.

Is there an extension we don't know about

Paul

Proper carriages Alan,,,, some things are obviously rubbing off!!!

Is there an inter-regional with Gresleys in Blood and Custard?

Could be a Bradford turn? Probably would have a Jubilee on as far as Bristol which could have run through because the waiting Castle broke down. Alternatively a class 46 could have worked through!

Paul R

Oddly enough whilst the Kingswear branch gathered Midland coaches like there was no tomorrow, the only record I have got of whole LNER stock going down that way were a couple of trains from Newcastle on Summer Saturdays which terminated at Paignton.

On Wencombe I have a through coach From York on the my Manchester train and the parcels stock for the occasional pigeon train and parcels trains.

SAD obviously operating Salmon Pastures has a down side :)

Edited by westerner
  • Like 3

On Wencombe I have a through coach From York on the my Manchester train and the parcels stock for the occasional pigeon train and parcels trains.

SAD obviously operating Salmon Pastures has a down side :)

Cooo,,, music to my ears Alan,,, does this mean I can bring Valour or the D9 round [when they are finished!!!] and we can go and release a few airborne rodents or first class parcels. I also seem to remember seeing a photo of a V2 heading south west on a parcels train,,,, you may regret informing me of this sire!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another addition to the hydraulic fleet: Class 22 6311 no headcode boxes with small yellow panels. Still have to add the detail bits and put it through the weathering shop.

You can never have TOO many hydraulics :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Never - it just means that your layout represents a parallel universe where hydraulics were selected as the BR standard :)

And fixes period between October 65 and December 67

Phil

• Like 1