Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

A couple of Westerns Enterprise and Queen.

attachicon.gifW E f1.jpg

attachicon.gifWQ f2.jpg

attachicon.gifWQ f3.jpg

Please please stop posting pictures like this........the urge to buy one of those Western fandagal things is becoming hard to resist with temptation like this being flashed around all over these pages.

They are fantastic pictures....you must get so much satisfaction when you see stunning results like this.

Happy modelling

Craig.

• RMweb Gold

Please please stop posting pictures like this........the urge to buy one of those Western fandagal things is becoming hard to resist with temptation like this being flashed around all over these pages.

They are fantastic pictures....you must get so much satisfaction when you see stunning results like this.

Happy modelling

Craig.

Go on go on go on go on

You know you want to!

Hee hee

Phil

• Like 1

Go on go on go on go on

You know you want to!

Hee hee

Phil

Phil, no no no, I can't it against my Geographical religion to buy anything like this !!!! and that stuff you run around your "outstanding" layout as well  :good:

Happy modelling

Craig.

• Like 1

Happy modelling

Craig.

It's too hard to resist isn't it. That's why I have a 7mm version on a Gret Eastern branch line! How am I going to explain the Warships when Heljan make them?

Paul R

• RMweb Premium

Is it failed or being piloted due to low power and can't get up the hill?

I just love seeing your photos of Wencombe!

Paul R

No way Paul

The diesel is pushing the solid fuel appliance on its journey to be converted into Ford Cortinas :boast:

• Like 1

Good grief I've just noticed that Wencombe has had 100,000 views. I'm humbled and can I thank all those viewers very much for following the Wencombe thread.

Congrats, I as always enjoy dropping in on Wencombe to see not only some great modelling but the fantastic photos and stories that go along with it. Thank you.

PS. Not being pedantic and tongue stuck firmly in cheek, but after being described as a typical Australian in another thread do you mean 'Crikey"?  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Good grief I've just noticed that Wencombe has had 100,000 views. I'm humbled and can I thank all those viewers very much for following the Wencombe thread.

Congratulations! My reasons for being a visitor to this thread (and others like it) is simple - the layout looks "finished" and the fine trains look at home, therefore. Threads that show progress with baseboard construction and handbuilt track are useful and instructive, but fill me with a great deal less inspiration than the Wencombes with scenery and structures in place and settled. Something to aim for.

Now onwards and upwards to your next 100k!

Alan, I love the atmosphere that pervades your Wencombe layout and it is one that inspires me. Clearly this is true for many others too or how else does one explain so many visitors? Please keep it up and I hope to see you have had your 250,000th viewer in the not too distant!

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate

Those look excellent, you made those... they look bought they are that good.

Jamie

Well well, it's not so many years since the standard of a bought model was judged by whether or not it looked as good as a kit- or scratch-built one.

Another kit built van. The Chivers 6 wheeled LMS fish van. A sheer joy to put together. If you look carefully you'll notice that the centre wheel is a dummy. A non revolving wheel with a flat bottom. It works for me at normal viewing distance you can't (or I can't) notice.

post-7090-0-28771500-1391263227_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

If you look carefully you'll notice that the centre wheel is a dummy. A non revolving wheel with a flat bottom. It works for me at normal viewing distance you can't (or I can't) notice.

attachicon.gifLMS 6 wheeled fish.jpg

Is the non-revolving dummy wheel used to avoid any possible complications which might arise when using  some sort "floating" axle/wheel arrangement for negotiating tighter radii?