Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Gold

I'll give it a whirl Paul, I was just thinking that it was about time I ran some trains. Photos later.

Cracking stuff Alan, look forward to seeing more photos soon.

Happy new year.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Finished detailing the houses up the Steps. I've had thoughts about putting the hotel next to the top house as at the moment the road disappears straight into the back scene, not a very clever idea. If I move the hotle as in the photos below then the road can disappear at a shallower angle and can have some trees and bushes on the station side of the road and therefore be partly hidden as it disappears.

I wonder what people think.

post-7090-0-51419200-1452095686_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-93433000-1452095713_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

I'm thinking about that, garden fencing and or fencing between the buildings, trees or shrubbery. Its something I'll have to play with, I may even move the hotel again to make the gaps between buildings smaller or even add a narrow building.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 2

Taking on board what Killybegs said I decided I would move the hotel and move the road and fill the gap lower down the steps with another building, The end of the hotel will have a tree growing near it, thus hopefully slightly camouflaging the half relief aspect.

post-7090-0-01931200-1452186205_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Agree completely looks smashing Alan.

Sorry not to reply to your post re Horrabridge. Basically not much has happened of late. I've had to withdraw from the Exeter show, as it clashes with a friend's wedding, but I'm currently really re-thinking my modelling plan for this year. I'm planning on putting a post on the thread soon explaining my ideas and plans. The project certainly isn't going to be scrapped, just re thought!

P

Kind regards,

Nick.