Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Very nice bit of weathering Alan, the Warship is spot on for a recently cleaned loco, and I love that finish on the Western, brilliant mate well done, I think that all locos should have some weathering, even if it is just a hint of colour somewhere to give it individuality and more of a sence of realisim.

Andy.

• Like 2

Hi

Just came across your inspirational layout as I am looking to see how track plans morph into actual physical layouts. It looks as though you use streamline points - are there any curved points on the running lines and how did you integrate straight points into the lovely flowing eclipse as I can't work out the physical width/length of your woodwork?

Lovely job!

Cheers

Martin

mlivingstone. Thanks for your kind comments. There are several curved points on the layout and the transition curve was laid to accomadate the radius of the points. All straight points on the main running line are streamline large radius, the only medium radius points are in the goods yard. On the mainline the only straight bit is at the crossover half way down the platform.

Andy All the best to you to for the New Year.

mlivingstone. Thanks for your kind comments. There are several curved points on the layout and the transition curve was laid to accomadate the radius of the points. All straight points on the main running line are streamline large radius, the only medium radius points are in the goods yard. On the mainline the only straight bit is at the crossover half way down the platform.

Andy All the best to you to for the New Year.

Cool - thanks for that Alan, much appreciated :angel:

Cheers

Martin

As an ex BT engineer who started just as open copper was being replaced, I can tell you that the wires were pulled taut using a tool called 'ratchet tongs' , which had built in scales (a bit like scales fishermen use), and the different gauges of wire were pulled up to different tensions, dependent on ambient temperature, but regardless of length. The sag was so designed that there was some give, but wires swaying in the wind could not touch each other.

Hi,

Just came across this thread and wanted to say how much I've enjoyed looking at all the photos and watching the progress. As a fellow 'Western Region in the sixties' modeller it's great to come across a quality layout such as yours. I couldn't hope to acheive the level of scenic detail of 'Wencombe' but I do enjoy detailing and weathering my fleet of hydraulics and remaining WR steam locos. Inspirational stuff indeed, look forward to keeping up with progress in the future.

Keith.

No we're not. Most of our trips seem to be up north and all definitely north of the Thames. We have Pontefract in a week and a bit. Then Biggleswade, Ely, Hartlepool and Hull.

We did enjoy Biggleswade last year though.

Edited by westerner