Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• RMweb Premium

This is an absolutely stunning layout. Its so nice to see someone modelling such a beautiful area of the country. Although living in the Southeast Now i originally come from Plymouth so know the area your model is based in well. I Like your version of history it would have been a good one. Once i get the space to start my next layout i will be modelling the south west also. It will be modern image not gwr but will be a representation of plymouth station.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Alan

It's the tiny attention to details which make all the difference. The replacement planks on the leading wagon for example, and of course the mix of hydraulic and steam in some brilliant scenic work. I spend most of my week in glorious South Devon, and you have captured the beautiful countryside so perfectly. Keep the pics flowing - I always check for your updates.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Young Alan is probably too modest to mention it but this cracking layout is in the December issue of Railway Modeller .Its due out on the 7th November I think.I look forward to seeing it in print.Judging by the likes received on here it will be popular.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Oh Rob, your a friend for life, not so much for the plug for the Railway Modeller article but for that 5 letter word YOUNG!!!

I was always told you're as young as the woman you feel ! :no: Congrats on the RM feature. :stinker:

Ps I was down in the South Hams yesterday morning.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

Guest oldlugger

Lovely work as always Alan! I think your Dapol class 22 is the most realistically weathered that I've seen on RMweb.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by oldlugger

Took the Dapol 63xx round to my mates layout tonight( a 44ftx10ft roundy roundy based on the 2 stations at Epsom) to see what it could pull. By the way the layout isn't quite quite Mr. Brunel's billiard table. We gave up after it pulled easily 18 Hornby Maunsell coaches+3 Hornby Southern bogie parcel vans+ a mix of 8 ratio, Parkside and Hornby 4 wheel parcel vans + 1 ratio Bogie van + 2 brass kit built bogie vans. A total of 24 bogie vehicles+8 long wheel base 4 wheelers. To be honest it didn't look at all troubled. We only stopped because with a train of that length nearly 30ft we were getting an occasional derailment and even then the 63xx was still pulling. To be fair to Hornby and Bachmann we tried the same test with a Bachmann class37 and a Hornby class 31 and they too passed with Flying colours.. Last week we had the Hornby Britannia pulling the 18 Maunsails with relative ease.

• Like 3