RMweb

Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

Hi all no further progress at the moment on KR as I am enjoying the site's of Tuscany. I did walk through Firenze's main station today and saw their hi speed train arrive plus several local trains many of which were double decker, the joys of a large loading gauge. Unfortunately I have no way of transferring the photos from my camera to my kindle. Will post some when I get back.

• Like 2

After all this foreign travel back to dear old Norfolk where it is cold and damp at the moment. I thought Id' take a couple off shots of the last bit of progress on the turntable that SAD did before I went away.

The first was to fix the actual table to the baseboard, we did consider gluing down but in the end thought that if it was ver to be needed to be moved then a couple of screws would be best.

post-7090-0-79151200-1475851445_thumb.jpg

The home built track was then glued (epoxy) to the deck.

post-7090-0-72454400-1475851508_thumb.jpg

and of course when everything was dry we had to make sure a loco would go on and off the turntable (at the moment only pushed) so as the largest loco Powis Castle acted as the guinea pig.

post-7090-0-78565900-1475851629_thumb.jpg

She looks good I think filling the turntable as photos show of Castles on the turntable at Kingswear..

Now all?????!!! that needs to be done is wire it up, put the planking on the deck and track and eventually see if we can come up with a way of making it turn with cogs etc rather than turn it obviously by hand.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 13

Spent Saturday doing the Goods shed and Train Shed glazing, Sunday went to Peterborough. It's been nearly a year since the structures were "finished"

post-7090-0-65440700-1476738127_thumb.jpg

Then I could not resist shining a torch through to see the effect. I wonder if the ladies are the Finching sisters on a day trip from Brent?

post-7090-0-15336700-1476738250_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Spent Saturday doing the Goods shed and Train Shed glazing, Sunday went to Peterborough. It's been nearly a year since the structures were "finished"attachicon.gifglazing f1.jpgThen I could not resist shining a torch through to see the effect. I wonder if the ladies are the Finching sisters on a day trip from Brent?attachicon.gifglazing f6 B&W.jpg

A close up would confirm if it's Minnie and Flora !

I've just spent a super day at Little Bytham with friends Neville and SAD in the company of Tony and Mo. It was great to some of my locos getting rid of their cobwebs and really stretching their legs (or should that be wheels?)

attachicon.gifpannier, praire and warship f2.jpg

attachicon.gifhymeck f1.jpg

and Eclipse on the South Devon Pullman

attachicon.gifwarship f3.jpg

All photos taken by Tony Wright.

Superb pics Alan, they are wonderful host's and LB is a real inspiration.

• Like 1

The turntable progresses. SAD was round last week and it was wired up. At the moment it is to be turned by hand and it only has to do a 180. So the idea was to take a feed direct of the running in line with a switch to to change the polarity when the turntable has been turned. So the wires don't get too twisted I must remember to turn it back in the opposite direction the next time the turntable is used. IT WORKS. I can drive a loco on and off the turntable. The feed by the way are soldered to a copper clad sleeper, the pink and blue wires in the centre of the turntable.

post-7090-0-27437600-1477339739_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately this has led to a slight problem in that when putting the deck on one gets a hump or one end sticks up.

post-7090-0-13101300-1477339816_thumb.jpg

I decided a solution would be to pack either side of the wires.

post-7090-0-10248300-1477339896_thumb.jpg

and then lay the deck on top.

post-7090-0-97053300-1477339927_thumb.jpg

You may have also noticed that the lead in track is now ballasted and weathered as is the buffer stop opposite.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

The turntable progresses. SAD was round last week and it was wired up. At the moment it is to be turned by hand and it only has to do a 180. So the idea was to take a feed direct of the running in line with a switch to to change the polarity when the turntable has been turned. So the wires don't get too twisted I must remember to turn it back in the opposite direction the next time the turntable is used. IT WORKS. I can drive a loco on and off the turntable. The feed by the way are soldered to a copper clad sleeper, the pink and blue wires in the centre of the turntable.

attachicon.gifturntable f1.jpg

Unfortunately this has led to a slight problem in that when putting the deck on one gets a hump or one end sticks up.

attachicon.gifturntable f2.jpg

I decided a solution would be to pack either side of the wires.

attachicon.gifturntable f3.jpg

and then lay the deck on top.

attachicon.gifturntable f4.jpg

You may have also noticed that the lead in track is now ballasted and weathered as is the buffer stop opposite.

Don't go too high above rail level Alan...

Enough of making thinks for the moment. Lets plat trains.

The Manchester with the through coach fro York is about to leave.

attachicon.gifmanchestre f4.jpg

attachicon.gifmanchester f2.jpg

It leaves

attachicon.gifmanchester f3.jpg

Hi Alan, the TT looks good mate, and with no Pencarne to photograph now it's good to be inspired by your lovely pics of the Hymek, but more Warship power soon please, hahah

Nearly there with the turntable

Dinmore Manor gets turned.

post-7090-0-09832900-1477471519_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-23094100-1477471535_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-37629400-1477471548_thumb.jpg

All that needs to be done is to wall the pit. And at some time in the future work out how I might be able to turn it.

And just to show I take heed of comments on this illustrious forum, you may have noticed in the previous post a change in the running in board and now I present the harbour masters office

post-7090-0-88700200-1477471660_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-71745700-1477471684_thumb.jpg

• Like 16