The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

registration plates we have seen

coachmann

Guest Natalie Graham

My Dad used to have an Austin A30 Countryman OET2 when I was little. OET is not the easiest to assign as a set of intitials but OET1 did pass us once on a big Jaguar. I just looked on Stubby's link and it is now on a Range Rover.

I remember once seeing RNL 12 with the 1 placed right after the letters and a space before the 2 parked outside a lifeboat station.

One of my Hampshire Police friends and ex-collegue managed to get an ex-Portsmouth Corporation bus plate GOT 301N GOT 30 IN (The usual service before pension) he wasn't however comfortable using it so passed it on to another ex-Hants officer and mutual friend.

As an aside, whilst travelling to see 'Great Northern' one morning I was waiting at a roundabout on the A46 when a Jaguar passed bearing a plate --- V8 to show he hadn't got a 'low rent' V6 engine. The driver must have felt pretty pleased but the next car (and I swear this is 100% true)was an Aston Martin bearing the plate --- V12 I often wonder whether the Aston passed and pulled in front of the Jag and how did the jag owner feel?

Bentley in Bath

LE55 TAX

There is an Aston Martin DB9 Volante that I often see passing through Swiss Cottage, bearing the plate "TAX 94S" (Tax Gas).

Also seen in Swiss Cottage today, a Merc/AMG E63 "WH03VER"

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

Keep an eye out for THX 113B. I was beaten to it in a DVLA sealed bid auction, which is all the more galling as it was me who suggested it to the DVLA numberplate people but didn't know that a sealed bid auction was going to be used (up 'til then they'd never done sealed bid auctions!). So, somewhere in the country somebody's driving around with 'my' numberplate. :ireful:

(oh, and for those not in the know, 'THX 113B' is 'THX1138', George Lucas's first feature film, well before he became famous with Star Wars).

Edited by Ian J.

I was driving out of Leicester today along the Welford Road and found myself behind a Lexus with the registration TRY 7. I reckon it must have been an RFU board member as he didn't seem to know what he was doing........he came to a stop at some traffic lights on green. Nearly pranged the back of him.

I was driving out of Leicester today along the Welford Road and found myself behind a Lexus with the registration TRY 7. I reckon it must have been an RFU board member as he didn't seem to know what he was doing........he came to a stop at some traffic lights on green. Nearly pranged the back of him.

Proves my thoughts on people who drive Toyotas!

The car in front is a Toyota! (and don't you wish it would get out of the way?)

Apologies to RMweb Toyota owners who I'm sure don't fit into this category! :)

Edited by Il Grifone