Cornwall Landslip Today

• RMweb Gold

Well, the 153 didn't manage to escape from Goonbarrow clay works, due to the low-loader not being able to negotiate the narrow and bendy access roads...

But the good news is that the Newquay branch will reopen throughout with the first booked trains on Tuesday morning, 07th December. The first train will be the 0530 Fowey to Goonbarrow clay service.

• RMweb Gold

Pleased to say that the Newquay branch reopened to normal working for the first trains this morning.

Hooray! Nice work on National Rail's part. :) There must be a bit of a backlog of clay to ship out of Goonbarrow! :blink: I saw some coverage on the BBC Spotlight programme showing works around Ponts Mill (I think) spraying concrete onto the embankment. I guess it will improve stability but won't look as nice....

• RMweb Gold

Hooray! Nice work on National Rail's part. :) There must be a bit of a backlog of clay to ship out of Goonbarrow!

In fact, Imerys hired a load of lorries from Devon and elsewhere to keep the clay moving, but no doubt the locals will be relieved to have fewer lorries on the local roads...

Archived