The Rochdale Exhibition - Saturday 5th February, Sunday 6th February 2011

Leander

Well that was fun. No rain up on t'moor but my god it was windy. Barrier loaded and descending back into Glorious Lancashire as we speak. Childrens layout loaded in my car and will be heading off to Oulder Hill in 10 mins. I am eagerly Counting down for the post show beer and curry now.

Hope you see you all over the weekend.

Black & Decker Boy aka Graham

Sorry to say, we won't be with you this year. 'My driver' has decided that we're going to Stafford (he thinks it's grim up north and, apprently, there are too many mountains !).

We were contemplating doing Stafford and Rochdale on the same day. Fortunately, for 'my driver', this moment of madness soon passed. At least next year we won't have the dilema of having to choose between two good shows, so far apart. I wish every successto both events.

Come to think of it, I've not actually heard from said driver, so I might be walking yet !

Ian

<<Sorry to say, we won't be with you this year. 'My driver' has decided that we're going to Stafford (he thinks it's grim up north and, apprently, there are too many mountains !).

We were contemplating doing Stafford and Rochdale on the same day. Fortunately, for 'my driver', this moment of madness soon passed. At least next year we won't have the dilema of having to choose between two good shows, so far apart. I wish every successto both events.

Come to think of it, I've not actually heard from said driver, so I might be walking yet !>>

You could always fiddle with his Sat-nav when he's not looking Ian?

Kevin - see you in March otherwise!

Needless to say derekEM8 was not ignored as he walked thru the door, which is more than I can say for the person whom he's carer for ;)

The show is now set up and ready to receive vistors. Be there. We know where you live :D

<<Sorry to say, we won't be with you this year. 'My driver' has decided that we're going to Stafford (he thinks it's grim up north and, apprently, there are too many mountains !).

Come to think of it, I've not actually heard from said driver, so I might be walking yet !>>

You could always fiddle with his Sat-nav when he's not looking Ian?

Kevin - see you in March otherwise!

Sat-Navs ? We're from Nottingham, we use sundials, maps and compass. We once had a sextant, but couldn't adjust them with the Stilsons we had. Still, we do have a selection of hammers. Can you adjust Sat-Navs with those ?

Ian

post-6679-0-02653400-1297021665_thumb.jpg

Arnold has now left the building.

A very successful show, attendance up and a big thank you to all the exhibitors, traders, demonstrators (including Arnold) who have supported the show this weekend. an extra special thanks as well to the catering team who once again kept the visitors fed and watered, plus all our other country members (this includes of course Mr Stringer) who turn up to lend a hand with the show

Thanks to our visitors as well and dont forget the next Rochdale show is 5th and 6th Novemebr THIS YEAR - and in November from thereon.

Show pictures to follow when Ive recovered. Now, its beer time.

Andy Cooper

Hon Secretary RMRG

An excellent weekend was had, and many thanks to all the exhibitors - layouts, demonstrators and traders and visitors who made it possible. (and the club members and their partners of course)

A special mention for Steve Saxby builder and owner of the OO layout Manygates, who completely wrote off his car on the way to the show on Saturday morning, fortunately without any serious injury to himself or his son. (Fortunately, he had set the layout up on Friday night!)

He then went home, found another car and managed to get to the show before lunchtime - what a trooper!!

Kevin

May I add my thanks for a great show to all the exhibitors, Centre staff, and the RMRG lads and ladies who were superbly professional throughout.

I don't think I've ever known a show go together so smoothly so it came as a shock on Saturday morning around 9.00am when I got the call to say that Steve had aquaplaned his car and written it off on his way to show. However, mercifully both he and son Chris escaped unscathed and were behind (and in front) of 'Manygates' before noon, with Steve's mum present as well to keep an eye on proceedings. Thanks lads for being absolute bricks.

Break down this evening also went well with the hall being clear within two hours of the close of play. I hope the RMRG barrier contingent survived the trip up to the wild and wet moors.

So, on we go to November. The layouts are booked and interesting ideas for home-grown demos evolved last night at The Cemetery Hotel after the fifth round or thereabouts! There will be some changes to the trade content but this gives us an opportunity to bring in some new blood. A word of thanks especially to two traders who can't be with us next time, ALL Components and Cheltenham Model Centre who've both attended the show for several years. As was commented upon today, the new date will give the exhibition a whole new dynamic.

To our visitors, thanks for supporting the show and I hope it was well received. We certainly got some very positive comments.There weren't too many grumbles about the streamlined pricing policy and it certainly paid off in encouraging families with children, child admissions were about double that for 2010.

Pete

Exhibition Manager - RMRG

Barrier contingent survived and the barn was in lock down by 7-15pm so all in all a reasonable result for a sunday although nearly ended up in a ditch on way back across said moor as the fog had decended giving around 20 yards visibility past the dam.

I would like to add my thanks to all the exhibitors, traders and helpers who have made this years show a success and hope it can be repeated again in November.

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for the kind words Kevin & Pete - got a few aches and pains now, but we both escaped serious injuries. Thank you for providing a very good exhibition and hospitality - hope to see you both at Manchester, if not earlier.

Chris Saxby.

Any pictures for us that cannot travel just yet.....:)please.

Hi Coach,

AndyC was round pointing his camera at the Good the Bad and the Ugly (that's people, not layouts!!), no doubt he will be posting some on here or on the club website in due course.

Kevin.

For those that wish to see photos of the layouts this is a pay per view site, £5 (the entry fee) will be automatically transferred now from your bank account to the coffers of the Rochdale MRG.

the subtitles of which layout is which will appear when the transfer is complete.

In the meantimeee if you do not wish to pay the £5 to see the photos then you can alternately turn up to the November show on the 5th and 6th at the same venue

post-6679-0-59607500-1297084768_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-24255500-1297084823_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-14014200-1297084829_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-14745000-1297084851_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-84724400-1297084864_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-79734800-1297084893_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-18294100-1297084908_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-87636800-1297084934_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-73199300-1297084972_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-75303800-1297084984_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-69342000-1297085009_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-01142700-1297085020_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andy C, nice to see the old layout again.

Kerchingggg :D :D :D :D ;)

No problem GS - it had a few problems early on but settled down eventually. Ive some more but they were taken on my mobile - I will mail them to my PC and publish later.

Andania 213 and Pennine will be spotted operating Llangerran.

He talks to the punters, I nod off behind the layout - Brian does all the worklaugh.gif

Thanks to Peter and team for another good one, and also good, as always, to see a few old friends. As well as getting to put the layout through its paces in something much more like its final form, we acquired some info on the correct uniform for MOD security staff and also had a few chats about assorted hydraulic-related subjects. Which was nicesmile.gif

Archived