The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Best thing you have driven away from an exhibition with

GWMark

Prompted by the item I drove away from Wycrail with on the back seat of my car....

post-7152-12576368598284_thumb.jpg

...I thought I would pose the question, what is the best thing you have driven away with?

Mark

You may notice, the picture is of part of Cement Quay, the now extension that Chris Nevard has added. Sadly, although it is in my car I was only taking it to be stored until the rightful owner could collect it, I don't get to take it home for real! Anyway, I could never pass it off as my own work, it is far too good for anything I could produce.

Prompted by the item I drove away from Wycrail with on the back seat of my car....

post-7152-12576368598284_thumb.jpg

...I thought I would pose the question, what is the best thing you have driven away with?

Mark

You may notice, the picture is of part of Cement Quay, the now extension that Chris Nevard has added. Sadly, although it is in my car I was only taking it to be stored until the rightful owner could collect it, I don't get to take it home for real! Anyway, I could never pass it off as my own work, it is far too good for anything I could produce.

:lol: :lol: it looks like CQ's 'bit on the side' had a far posher journey to its temporary home than it did on the way up in my grubby supermarket dinted Ford Mundano!

Rule number one (which I learnt on the Friday before the show), when extending a layout, be realistic about what you can get into the car :blink:

BIG THANKS (I guess I'd best repay you by getting a few shots on BSM in GWR mode next time I pop up)

• RMweb Gold

Well I wanted to make sure it got transported back to out clubrooms in style (Cement Quay meets Jaguar leather!). I am not sure who was the most excited to have been given the privilege GWMark or his Son Daniel!

I am happy to advise that of course it is now safe and sound and enhancing our clubrooms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived