The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lambert's dream of non-involvement in the F.A. Cup comes true - Villa losing 1-0 to the Blades at half-time.

He He He.Reap what you sow.Well done to Sheffield Utd,Rochdale,Stevenage and Coventry :imsohappy: today.

• RMweb Gold

I am watching the Forest v West Ham game anf Forest have just gone 3 up.

That (to me) is immaterial. It was the sight of a young Hammers fan breaking his heart over it that got to me.

Every manager who complains that the cup isn't important or every Prima Donna player who complains about their contract or having to play too often should have that image pinned somewhere where they can see it every minute of every day.

• RMweb Premium

Glad I missed nearly all the Hammers game  (went out for lunch when it was only 1-0 :O ) - did Sam perhaps cite the England cricket team as some sort of example during his pre-match team talk :mosking: ?

Well done to Forest - hope they don't play that well if we meet next season in the Championship.

As for Sam, I really think it might be time.... :butcher:

I am watching the Forest v West Ham game anf Forest have just gone 3 up.

That (to me) is immaterial. It was the sight of a young Hammers fan breaking his heart over it that got to me.

Every manager who complains that the cup isn't important or every Prima Donna player who complains about their contract or having to play too often should have that image pinned somewhere where they can see it every minute of every day.

I think Allardyce might be saving his some of his few remaining fit senior players for West Ham's forthcoming Capitol One Cup Semi-Final defeat. Mind you it must be bad planning on Allardyce's part to have blundered into that Semi-Final in the middle of a relegation fight.

P.S. Isn't Allardyce an F.A. Cup naysayer anyway, although not as loudly and publicly as Lambert?

I nominate Southampton as the most suitable Premiership club to win F.A.Cup, as they are 12 points off the Champions League spots and 10 points clear of the relegation spots, and therefore not likely to regard the F.A. Cup as a distracting inconvenience whilst chasing or preserving some other crock of gold.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think Allardyce might be saving his some of his few remaining fit senior players for West Ham's forthcoming Capitol One Cup Semi-Final

I wasn't particularly having a go at Allardyce or West Ham

It was just that, for me, the sight of that poor laddie breaking his heart,  put obscene weekly pay, diving, whinging about refs, number of games played, it being too cold, too hot, etc, etc,*  into perspective.

*delete as appropriate.

Shocking from Allardyce.
I have no problem with him playing youngsters today, but he played the wrong ones, too many of them, in the wrong system and picked the wrong senior players to support them.
Managers talk about 'a strong spine', goalkeeper - central defence - central midfield - centre forwards. But Allardyce's most experienced players, Jarvis and Downing, were out on the wings. Jarvis is out of form (partly because Allardyce hasn't given him an extended run in the side) and Downing is only just back from twenty stitches in his ankle.

• RMweb Premium

I nominate Southampton as the most suitable Premiership club to win F.A.Cup,

Nah, Sunderland for me.  Diabolical league form*, but a semi final place in the Capital One cup and have already gone further than Newcastle, Man U, West Ham, Spurs, Aston Villa & West Brom in the FA Cup. 

* but getting better (couldn't have been much worse...)

Ralph

Lambton 58

I wasn't particularly having a go at Allardyce or West Ham

It was just that, for me, the sight of that poor laddie breaking his heart,  put obscene weekly pay, diving, whinging about refs, number of games played, it being too cold, too hot, etc, etc,*  into perspective.

*delete as appropriate.

I see the blubbing West Ham kid has been offered the best seats in the house for a forthcoming West Ham disaster/triumph.

It wouldn't be necessary if his dad/guardian had prepared him properly for the Forest match, as in "We've got no chance with the line-up Sam's chosen today".

My late father prepared me properly for the disappointment of supporting a serially unsuccessful  team and I haven't cried at a football match since the 1963 Cup Final.

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, just when I thought it couldn't get much worse, a 6-0 embarrassment of the Hammers by Man City. My heart goes out to the poor b*ggers who made the trip up from London - how must they be feeling now? I was expecting a Man City victory, maybe by as much as 3-0, but not this - in my naivety I was expecting West Ham to show a bit more commitment and at least try to make a game of it.

Yes, they can concentrate on trying to ensure Premiership survival now (that'll be the excuse for such an abject performance tonight no doubt), but do they deserve to stay up?

Not on this showing they don't.

Taxi for Sam!

Blimey, just when I thought it couldn't get much worse, a 6-0 embarrassment of the Hammers by Man City. My heart goes out to the poor b*ggers who made the trip up from London - how must they be feeling now? I was expecting a Man City victory, maybe by as much as 3-0, but not this - in my naivety I was expecting West Ham to show a bit more commitment and at least try to make a game of it.

Yes, they can concentrate on trying to ensure Premiership survival now (that'll be the excuse for such an abject performance tonight no doubt), but do they deserve to stay up?

Not on this showing they don't.

Taxi for Sam!

What is it about West Ham, League Cup semi first legs and 6-0 defeats? Think 14.02. 90

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Heard in the highlights commentary last night, when West Ham were 5-0 down, "It's not Andy Carroll they need, it's Lewis Carroll......"

"Allardyce In Wonderland" - there's a thought!

I don't mind being beaten. I don't even mind being beaten 6-0. What I do mind is being beaten 6-0 with an almost total lack of intent and commitment from the players and even more so from the manager.

I watched both those heavy defeats and I cannot recall, at any point, Allardyce getting off the bench and trying to pass any instruction or to inspire his team.

Weak, insipid, spineless.

Taxi for Sam? I'll drive him myself.

Edited by Del