Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Oh the irony of the tie in the first round of the FA cup.Coventry home to Northampton. Lol.

Well, Coventry have avoided last years nemesis - Worcester City! We are away to Sheffield United. What odds another 32 penalty shoot out?

Phil

F.A. Cup 1st Round Draw:

Barwell or AFC Rushden and Diamonds v Grays or Welling

Well that's cleared that up then.....be interesting to see if my local club little Barwell (average attendance 197) can survive tomorrow night's replay at Rushden, but least they've been in the F.A. Cup 1st Round Draw for the first time ever in their history.

If they do survive this is the Theatre of Dreams. Kirby Road Barwell:

post-9751-0-89175300-1445900176.jpg

I wonder if they can get any sponsorship from Bachmann.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

Chesterfield get to be first league club to play a competitive game at Broadhurst Park. 

Can't see this one getting changed for TV.....

For those who don't know of Broadhurst Park this is it

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5789430.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/FC-United-of-Manchester.jpg

Not bad for a club that didn't exist 11 years ago and is 'football by the fans for the fans' 

Chesterfield get to be first league club to play a competitive game at Broadhurst Park. 

Can't see this one getting changed for TV.....

For those who don't know of Broadhurst Park this is it

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article5789430.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/FC-United-of-Manchester.jpg

Not bad for a club that didn't exist 11 years ago and is 'football by the fans for the fans' 

they couldnt realy fail could they lets see play in the same colours and manage to get the two main parts of the name of the biggest club in the world into thiers massive fan base to tap into etc 

would have more respect if they had started out as Moston fc and built from there without all the connections with that lot from salford 

Edited by peanuts

they couldnt realy fail could they lets see play in the same colours and manage to get the two main parts of the name of the biggest club in the world into thiers massive fan base to tap into etc 

would have more respect if they had started out as Moston fc and built from there without all the connections with that lot from salford 

Sorry, but that's garbage, of could have failed....plenty do......

What lot from Salford, Salford City, nah no connection there, if you mean MUFC, they have never been in Salford......

F.A. Cup 1st Round Draw:

Barwell or AFC Rushden and Diamonds v Grays or Welling

Well that's cleared that up then.....be interesting to see if my local club little Barwell (average attendance 197) can survive tomorrow night's replay at Rushden, but least they've been in the F.A. Cup 1st Round Draw for the first time ever in their history.

If they do survive this is the Theatre of Dreams. Kirby Road Barwell:

attachicon.gifKirkby Road Sports Ground Panoramic 1.jpg

I wonder if they can get any sponsorship from Bachmann.

Final score from the Dog and Duck Ground (no kidding), Wellingborough -  AFC Rushden and Diamonds 0 Barwell 1.... 

So the next F.A.Cup tie at the Theatre of Dreams will be Barwell v Welling - will the crowd exceed the previous round's massive 819?

Edited by cary hill

Final score from the Dog and Duck Ground (no kidding), Wellingborough -  AFC Rushden and Diamonds 0 Barwell 1.... 

So the next F.A.Cup tie at the Theatre of Dreams will be Barwell v Welling - will the crowd exceed the previous round's massive 819?

Unfortunately this station - Elmesthorpe for Barwell and Earl Shilton - is no longer available to handle the Footexs from Welling:

post-9751-0-07789400-1446038447.jpg

Given that Chesterfield have had to be saved by their fans previously and have a defence that a toddler could unpick should be an interesting game.

Forced into moving the game by the FA......

So if a minimum charge can be applied by the FA to cup games then why not a maximum?

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6474

I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere but the Standard's one was poor quality so here's the full video:

http://www.chz.sk/en_index.htm

No football ground should be without one (or two!)!! :)

(Moot point whether it should be on this thread or another, but as it's football related... For the football content, that player made a real pigs ear of that free kick!!)

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Leeds chairman Massimo Cellino has agreed in principle to sell his share in the club to supporters' group Leeds Fans United.

It's not often you see the words Leeds United and principle in the same sentence.

Just noticed that an unfashionable small East Midlands club has the leading goalscorer and joint second highest goalscorer in the Premiership at the moment.

Leicester for goals at the moment - unfortunately at both ends. Yet another comeback from a goal down to win 3-2 this afternoon.

Good to see Liverpool beat Chelsea.  Finally a win.  I'll have to give my Hornby B17 a run. 

Other sports like netball, Rugby and Cricket.  It seems like its New Zealand verses Australia. 

Netball result was 2 games each, but Aussies win overall.  That was on Friday night.

Rugby, well that was likely to happen, not that I follow the game, but I did watch some of the replay.

Cricket, This Thursday is the start of a 3 test series here in OZ.  The Kiwis over the last few years have given a very good account of themselves and can beat the aussies.

I hope not though.

Mark