The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

What purports to be complete details of next season's Premier League fixtures has surfaced on the internet.  I have accessed it and it looks genuine or someone has gone to a lot of trouble to fake it.  As these things are - or this one maybe - copyright, I don't want to post a link but I'm sure anyone with a bit of ingenuity can also find it.

For example, Leicester's first three games in August are - or could be:

13th Sunderland (H)

20th Arsenal (A)

27th Bornemouth (H)

Cheers

Stan

think most worked it out as a hoax when they saw that oldham play millwall at home twice if you are gonna hoax proof read 

Apart from the playing consequences for Leicester of Vardy leaving, it's a poor deal financially as well. They only get about £14M (because Fleetwood get £6M) but it will probably cost them £25M for a replacement.

Bet Fleetwood will be pleased, though!!

beginning to get seriously concerned about the goings on at ice station zebra talented goalkeeper sold off to Huddersfield yesterday his potential replacement from the youth ranks in talks with Everton no manager no coaching staff three contracted pros apparent fire sale will my club survive till the start of the new season ?  

I received an email today from a model shop obviously jumping on the back of Euro 2016....

Amongst the products listed was this

post-7067-0-74835900-1465496437.jpg

Well, all I can say is they're rubbish, nothing like.....no bad tattoos, no poor sportswear, no Reebok classics, and the poses? Garbage not a single one launching a plastic chair, none bouncing on their toes whilst their mate ostensibly holds them back even though they've no intention of really getting involved....

Definitely one to avoid.....

Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

• Like 1

I received an email today from a model shop obviously jumping on the back of Euro 2016....

attachicon.gifingerlund.jpg

Well, all I can say is they're rubbish, nothing like.....no bad tattoos, no poor sportswear, no Reebok classics, and the poses? Garbage not a single one launching a plastic chair, none bouncing on their toes whilst their mate ostensibly holds them back even though they've no intention of really getting involved.....

You need to order the shop's "Millwall" edition pack.

attachicon.gifingerlund.jpg

Well, all I can say is they're rubbish, nothing like.....no bad tattoos, no poor sportswear, no Reebok classics, and the poses? Garbage not a single one launching a plastic chair, none bouncing on their toes whilst their mate ostensibly holds them back even though they've no intention of really getting involved....

Definitely one to avoid.....

Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Also missing the one p*ssing against a wall and the one spewing in the gutter.

• RMweb Gold

Also missing the one p*ssing against a wall and the one spewing in the gutter.

Or swimming in Marseille Harbour after being thrown in by Russians.

You do wonder about the sanity of the UEFA organisers. Put a match involving two countries with notably awkward supporters in the French city with a local team renowned for its awkward supporters, without doubt the worst in France.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Premium

Well England throw away 3 points yet again, and all we hear from the pundits let's take all the positive points out of the game.

Ho Ho

IMHO the team on the field didn't throw away the 2 points the Manager yet again made bad substitutes

But what do I know.

Only a football fan for 60+ years

• RMweb Gold

Sorry 2 points

In strict numerical terms, yes. But in this sort of short league format, all matches are "six-pointers". It's not just about getting points for yourself but depriving your direct rivals of points.

So it is at equivalent to at least three points dropped.

Meanwhile, my office colleague (rabid Arsenal fan) has been kicking herself for not sticking a couple of quid on Leicester at 5000-1 last year, so has declared that we both put a quid each on a couple of Euro wild cards at Ealing Paddy Power.

She's gone for the 400-1 shot: Albania to win the title.

I'm playing safe with the Czech Republic: 125-1.

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, my office colleague (rabid Arsenal fan) has been kicking herself for not sticking a couple of quid on Leicester at 5000-1 last year, so has declared that we both put a quid each on a couple of Euro wild cards at Ealing Paddy Power.

She's gone for the 400-1 shot: Albania to win the title.

I'm playing safe with the Czech Republic: 125-1.

Don't book your World Cruise yet - suggest a day boat on the Broads......

• Like 1

....IMHO the team on the field didn't throw away the 2 points the Manager yet again made bad substitutes.....

Spot on IMHO.

Lallana, who had been fantastic in the first half, had almost disappeared from the game about 15-20 minutes into the 2nd half and Alli ran out of steam and became increasing ineffective by the time England took the lead.

So what does Woy do?

Removes the engine from the England midfield and leaves that flagging pair on.

With a weakened England midfield, Russia then started to take complete control, apart from England"s attempts to catch them on the counter attack.

Had the game gone on for another 5 minutes, I reckon the Ruskies would have scored again to win the match.

....and why was Sterling subbed so late?

I will be interested to read the media response to England's game last night. Personally I felt they played very well, and were unlucky not to win. There were a lot of positives from the performance. Personally I would not have let Kane take the corners, not only do you need him to be on the end of the crosses, his delivery was poor. I would have not taken Rooney off, but moved him into Sterling's position and brought Milner on for Sterling in order to make us more solid at 1-0.

Hopefully we will have the quality to get a result against Wales, and we should beat Slovakia and that will get us through to the next round.

• Like 1