Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I said to Sue that I wouldn't watch it live, England are such hard work to watch. I went up into the roof instead and made another tree for the FVRR. The plan was to watch the highlights prog' on the BBC if the aftermatch summaries on the net were encouraging.

As you might surmise I won't be bothering.

Anybody up for welcoming the lads home?

Chaz

I said to Sue that I wouldn't watch it live, England are such hard work to watch. I went up into the roof instead and made another tree for the FVRR. The plan was to watch the highlights prog' on the BBC if the aftermatch summaries on the net were encouraging.

As you might surmise I won't be bothering.

Anybody up for welcoming the lads home?

Chaz

I wish you had offered that advice 2 hours ago.

• RMweb Premium

Could someone possibly explain why Kane was taking the free kicks and corners - I thought he was a centre forward.......

Absolute shambles.

Iceland played to a set system with the same players.........England's system and organisation seems to mainly involve randomly p*ssing into wind.

A pity Vardy had to come on for England - he'd have recognised Iceland's set pattern of play, superb organisation, great motivation and their maximisation of limited scoring opportunities from another team he has played for recently.

Edited by cary hill

Just been thinking about the obscene amount of money these b*s*a*ds earn, and reflecting on how it's supposed to be their skill and ability that justifies it. Or have I got that wrong?

It's probably just as well that they have been knocked out - can you imagine what the French would have done to them?

I just hope that when these non-entities get back they are left in no doubt just how we feel about them.

Could someone possibly explain why Kane was taking the free kicks and corners - I thought he was a centre forward.......

Absolute shambles.

You have forgotten who the manager is (sorry - was).

Just been thinking about the obscene amount of money these b*s*a*ds earn, and reflecting on how it's supposed to be their skill and ability that justifies it. Or have I got that wrong?

Who you on about ? The English team or the Government ?

Brit15

Absolute shambles.

Apparently because he was the best taker of them in the squad :O  And when he got his opportunities at goal he fluffed them. On that basis have to have some sympathy with Hodgson, the only thing I thought he got wrong was not bringing Rashford on earlier - it was hardly Hodgsons fault the players forgot they should move off the ball or pass accurately; wonder if UEFA log data of over hit, under hit or miss hit passes etc as England must have broke all the records.

• RMweb Premium

I decided before the match that Iceland should probably come onto the pitch wearing yellow strip so they actually looked like banana skins.

Have been bored witless by the insipid performances in the previous games I decided to spend the evening in the shed doing some modelling and listening to the radio with a view to dashing in to watch a replay if anything good happened.

What a great result. The main parts of one complex bracket signal nearly finished with hardly an interruption.

The commentary on the radio was priceless, with everybody getting more and more wound up as the game went on.

Well played Iceland. You froze us out!

At least it is only a game of football and nothing important.

• Like 1

That abysmal England shambles has ruined the "Vardy" film which would have ended with him scoring the winning goal in the Euro 2016 Final..... :jester:

There's still a film possibility. I can see it now: Escape From Victory

Starring Joe Hart sporting a pair of fake hands (note Father Ted reference there)

Edited by Horsetan