The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Baggies v Man Utd tomorrow

Always used to be a cracker...6th March 1971 - 4-3 to the Baggies at The Hawthorns, Tony Brown hat trick plus winner from rookie centre half John Wile, took my mum that day, 45488 crammed in put her off, she never came again!

A similar game tomorrow would be good....

Phil

and so we go into the christmas period bottom of league one under a transfer embargo with a rookie manager who is looking increasingly out of his depth crowds now down to the loyal 3k most of whom only go as they have a season ticket rumours of loan payments not being paid which wil result in half the squad departing back to there clubs in january . off the field the much vaunted new  £7million  north stand is still not complete and only brings in any revenue on match days the non matchday revenue ( the bussiest ) going into the chairmans pocket. the club shop is run by sports direct with all that entails the "stadium " is slowly being hemmed in as the vast are around it is sold off for "development " to ease the running costs of the club .dumped out of the fa cup by a nonleague club with a wimper only bit of joy is our run in the checkatrade trophy with its vast prize pot £20k for being three games from meeting reading under 21s at wembley .

so when i hear manure ,citeah and scousers complianing that this million pound player is out of form and has to be replaced by another multiliion pound player is say give us the problem !

an Abi titmuss and mery new year from ice station zebra 

On his way to zero I'd say based on his planning, preparation and tactics last Saturday.

I think it's just the press trying to get a story that's not there...

I reckon he's still "finding his feet" at the moment. He also clearly hasn't got the squad he would like for his style of football... Some mistakes will be inevitable at this stage... As we are in the knock-out stages of the CL and top three of the PL I am not convinced it's all doom and gloom...

So Vardy pays the price for Referee Pawson's inability to deal consistently with "two-footed" tackles and Rojo walks "free".

I also see the that would be Henderson leg breaker Barkley is somehow available to play against Leicester City. on Boxing Day. What's going on? Red card all night long.

It's getting close to the time when football needs Citing Commissioners similar to those in Rugby to hoover up the dross left behind by weak and inconsistent referees.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I see Pardew has got an early Christmas present from Crystal Palace:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38408138

I think Palace have made a mistake there. Not Pardew's fault that the fixture calendar has been rather hard on Palace in recent weeks. Sure he would have kept them up comfortably.

I think Palace have made a mistake there. Not Pardew's fault that the fixture calendar has been rather hard on Palace in recent weeks. Sure he would have kept them up comfortably.

Inclined to agree with you although 6 wins from 38 matches in the calendar year was bound to make the American co-owners a bit twitchy

What a day for the town regardless of the score (we're bound to get beat)! -never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever stand back in the Feethams 'tin shed' again, out of storage and re-built at our new home!

Capacity 3300 and a sell out today. Happy Christmas!!

post-7305-0-76718600-1482747893_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Not the greatest game today, but The Rams broke a club record with a seventh successive home clean sheet. Ironically we have not conceded a home goal since the 24th September when P@@rson was still in charge. On that day we scored our first home goal of the season and then promptly conceded two goals in five minutes to lose 2-1 to Blackburn. How times change.

* Edited to remove the typo!

Edited by andyram

• RMweb Premium

Got back from the London Stadium (or whatever it's called now, I forget and don't really care either) about an hour ago, still angry about the circumstances of another defeat - don't want to provoke any reactions from any Man U fans out there, but the ref's decision to send West Ham's Feghouli off after only 15 minutes ruined what could have been a good even game.

• RMweb Premium

Got back from the London Stadium (or whatever it's called now, I forget and don't really care either) about an hour ago, still angry about the circumstances of another defeat - don't want to provoke any reactions from any Man U fans out there, but the ref's decision to send West Ham's Feghouli off after only 15 minutes ruined what could have been a good even game.

The Curse of Fergie is back. A goal scored from an offside position too. I'm surprised they didn't get another in 'Fergie Time'.

But they aren't catching Chelsea!

Shocking decision based on Phil Jones' disgraceful reaction. There I have said it for you.

• RMweb Premium

Two offside goals in two games for Man U. Mikhitarians wonder goal and then yesterday.

Fergie may be thinking about coming out of retirement.

Mourhino is right about "bad descisions", but not the way he meant.

The 1st probably didn't affect the result as it was last minute, but yesterday there was possibly time to respond.

When did the fixture list cease to be 19 games then the reverse. It's all over the place now. TV??

Rob

Oh dear the ABU's are out in force........ Sorry fellas but what goes around comes around, there have been as many bad refereeing decisions against United as for but we'll not bother highlighting those as they don't count.....

If you seriously think that it's some kind of agenda or conspiracy then you're sadly mistaken, the simple fact is that refereeing standards are sadly lacking....Yes it was a soft red, but the challenge on Mkhitarayan was. Zlatan's goal? Yeah offside.....the one disallowed against 'Boro 2 days ago? Unpunished deliberate handball. See what I mean. 

I'd suggest a debate on referees rather than agendas or 'Fergie out of retirement', might not suit the knee jerk but all clubs are on the end of some absolutely dire officiating. 

I'd suggest a debate on referees rather than agendas or 'Fergie out of retirement', might not suit the knee jerk but all clubs are on the end of some absolutely dire officiating. 

I have seen some poor refereeing, at League 2 and Conference South level, but I do have lot of sympathy for referees in general

since it seems increasingly difficult to know who is acting, especially when some players seem to practice simulation....

cheers