The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

....Those of you who know what's been going on and are aware of how readily they have issued defamation proceedings against any fan who has dared to question them and/or their actions (or lack of) will understand when I stress that the above is purely my understanding of the situation, may, indeed, be far from the truth and is not intended to cause any offence or distress. If any of those apply I apologise wholeheartedly and will immediately withdraw my comments. Anyone reading the above should not necessarily believe it to be the truth!

Hopefully that statement will be enough to cover me if any of the Oystons or their "police" are toy train fans!

You might want to retain Messrs Carter-Ruck as your defamation lawyers.... unless of course the Oystons have beaten you to it.

You might want to retain Messrs Carter-Ruck as your defamation lawyers.... unless of course the Oystons have beaten you to it.

Hopefully the grovelling apology is enough to cover my nether regions should it become necessary (unless, of course, you know differently  .  .  .  .)

• 4 weeks later...

What do you folk out there think of the Neymar transfer from Barcelona to PSG for an incredible and stupidly bonkers £198 MILLION, he'll also be paid a eye wateringly and obscene £775,477 A WEEK!!!!!!!

Football has sold it's soul to the devil.

Sam

What do you folk out there think of the Neymar transfer from Barcelona to PSG for an incredible and stupidly bonkers £198 MILLION, he'll also be paid a eye wateringly and obscene £775,477 A WEEK!!!!!!!

It's the sheer weight of numbers that takes the whole thing beyond reality.

• RMweb Gold

Football has sold it's soul to the devil.

Sam

I can remember Trevor Francis joining Forest for a million in 1979 if that helps.

That transfer fee puts winning the Premier League Title by ten clear points fielding a team costing just £23M and managed by a slightly eccentric Italian manager into some sort of perspective. A different sort of "madness" altogether.

It's all going to end in tears  :triniti:

You might be right.

I am wondering how long before any large well known high profile club completely crashes and burns.

So far the amount of money coming into (or perhaps being laundered through) football has kept things going, for now....

cheers

Neymar could be a drop in the ocean. This morning Sky listed other buy out clauses top players have. Gareth Bale is available at just under 500,000 Euros and a 32 year old Ronaldo can be bought for a shade under a billion Euros! Trouble is some club backed by a rich middle eastern consortium will look at that and think 'oh, go on then'. 

Anyway, the proper football season kicks-off tonight.

Ignore all the Premier League hype and watch Derby flatter to deceive yet again..........

Hope I'm proved wrong    :beee:

They will only flatter to deceive if you have high expectations. Personally my hopes for the forthcoming season are a little more grounded than in recent years. Not enough of the dead wood removed to feel confident of a change in fortunes.

Anyway, the proper football season kicks-off tonight.

Ignore all the Premier League hype and watch Derby flatter to deceive yet again..........

Hope I'm proved wrong    :beee:

Why man Howay!!! . . .they're playing Blunderland.

John

Why man Howay!!! . . .they're playing Blunderland.

John

Tonight's game could be interesting. Sunderland seem in disarray at present so it could be a good time to play them. However, with a possible backlash from the 5-0 Celtic defeat and Mr Gibson's comments it may not be a good time to play them.

I can remember the frothing there was when 'Sniffer' Clarke went from Wolves to Leeds for £165,000 in about 1967

Purely for historical accuracy Allan Clarke was transferred for a then record £165,000 from Leicester City to Leeds United in June 1969 breaking his own previous "record fee" of £150,000 which was paid for him by Leicester City a year earlier.

He didn't "sniff" out many goals (only 12) for Leicester during his short stay and was sold after Leicester suffered yet another of their many relegations from the top flight.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

In the Bradford v Blackpool game yesterday there was an collision that resulted in a Bantams player lying unconscious on the floor. Quick action by Blackpool players Vassell and Aimson to stop him swallowing his tongue and putting him into the recovery position before medics arrived reflects great credit on the players. Well done lads.

https://twitter.com/SimplyBcafc/status/893937031692378112

• Like 1

Well that was a spectacular opening game of the season in the Premier League tonight for the neutral - Arsenal 4 Leicester 3.

Completely useless result for me as a Leicester City fan, but not exactly unexpected as we haven't beaten Arsenal away since Peter Shilton, Frank Worthington, Keith Weller and our 71 year old club ambassador Alan Birchenhall were playing way back in 1973.

Edited by cary hill

Completely useless result for me as a Leicester City fan, but not exactly unexpected as we haven't beaten Arsenal away since Peter Shilton, Frank Worthington, Keith Weller and our 71 year old club ambassador Alan Birchenhall were playing way back in 1973.

Don't forget Jon Sammels!