The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I couldn't help noticing in the aftermath of the Coutinho £142M. mega transfer that our own "want away" Riyad Mahrez has a slightly better goal scoring and assists record than Coutinho over the last two and half seasons whilst playing for a much inferior team.

Coutinho - 28 goals and 18 assists.

Mahrez - 30 goals and 21 assists.

In the current transfer market I can't help thinking that Leicester should be looking for rather more than the £50M. they were holding out for in last summer, especially now that Mahrez has stopped sulking and is back to his Premiership winning form (to try and get a move?).

I hope he stays at Leicester though as he is easily the most skillful and entertaining individual ever to have played for the club.

• RMweb Gold

I hope he stays at Leicester though as he is easily the most skillful and entertaining individual ever to have played for the club.

You don't remember Frank 'Elvis' Worthington then David. ;) 

You don't remember Frank 'Elvis' Worthington then David. ;)

He used to live round the corner from SWMBO's parent's house so we used to bump into him quite often. You could also spot him in "Nite Clubs" in Leicester city centre on Friday nights before Leicester City's home games on the Saturday.

I've no idea how he got away with it, but he must have kept himself fit and relatively injury free, despite not wearing shin pads, as he was still playing in the lower divisions of the Football League aged about 40.

Probably the 2nd most skillful and entertaining player I've seen play in a Leicester City shirt at his peak circa 1974 when he got his England caps.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Stoke can keep their hands off our manager!

Ha! I knew that might draw you - think he has signed a new contract today anyway.

Why on earth he would leave a team that are on course for promotion to take on a team who might go down beats me...

Ha! I knew that might draw you - think he has signed a new contract today anyway.

Why on earth he would leave a team that are on course for promotion to take on a team who might go down beats me...

See the post previous to yours!!!

Still not convinced by VAR. Last night's penalty appeal had to wait nearly 40 seconds to be reviewed as the ball was still in play. What would have happened if another goal or serious foul etc had happened? Would it have been ignored or chalked off it the review had said penalty? How long can play continue before a decision is reviewed?

In spite of Gary Rowett being named Championship Manager of the Month, we won away today.

Could Derby really do it this season?

Bet the Birmingham fans are sick after he was so harshly sacked. Friday against Bristol City may give us an indication of our potential staying power.

Unlike Spurs who are a joy to watch this evening......

Ably assisted by Everton's abysmal defending in managing to concede the "same goal" three times in just over half an hour. I wonder if the Allardyce managerial "bounce" has now faded away.

• RMweb Gold

Ably assisted by Everton's abysmal defending in managing to concede the "same goal" three times in just over half an hour. I wonder if the Allardyce managerial "bounce" has now faded away.

I don't believe that there ever was an Allardyce effect. Totally the wrong choice of manager.