RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

On 03/01/2021 at 16:34, Sophia NSE said:

Another postponement for Maidstone United leaves them with only 32 league games to play by the end of May, plus at least one FA Trophy game. Should be an interesting remainder of the season should it even be completed

At least you're playing now and again; my club (Stalybridge Celtic) haven't played since the end of October, in common with most non-league clubs.

15 minutes ago, 62613 said:

At least you're playing now and again; my club (Stalybridge Celtic) haven't played since the end of October, in common with most non-league clubs.

A single FA Trophy game since the beginning of December. I can see leagues below the National League North/South giving up in the next few weeks

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sophia NSE said:

A single FA Trophy game since the beginning of December. I can see leagues below the National League North/South giving up in the next few weeks

No league in the NLS below the National North and South is playing. There was a rumour about the Northern Premier starting in December, but obviously, that hasn't happened.

Edited by 62613

23 minutes ago, 62613 said:

No league in the NLS below the National North and South is playing. There was a rumour about the Northern Premier starting in December, but obviously, that hasn't happened.

Exactly. Not much chance of even starting at all

The new lockdown will also apply to professional sport, so no more Premier League etc for a few weeks. Least of our worries, I know, but enjoyable watching in an evening.......

Edit: Half-time at Southampton and they’ve just said Premier League etc will continue after all. This is the opposite of what Sam Coates said on Sky News earlier. Seems the need to get a story out overwrites checking the facts. Of course Sky News could be right and Sky Sports wrong.........:D

Edited by gordon s

9 minutes ago, gordon s said:

The new lockdown will also apply to professional sport, so no more Premier League etc for a few weeks. Least of our worries, I know, but enjoyable watching in an evening.......

Elite sport can still continue, without fans in attendance again

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I've said it before, it's tight at the top but a slippery slope at the bottom!

image.png.f24bead2b9569ee30ab67e8660e16df0.png

I've never seen the Prem' like it!

Kev.

Edited by SHMD
  • Informative/Useful 1

so Oldhams FA cup 3rd round home game on saturday with Bournmouth has now been moved and will be played at Bournmouth due to a frozen pitch at ice station zebra despite a massive affort to get the game on 

can remember last time this happend in the days of our undersoil heating   my self and 62613 spent a cold morning shoveling snow off the open terrace so the league game could go ahead only to get turned over 0 -3 by Blackburn rovers iirc we lost the game at ewood park as well 

11 hours ago, peanuts said:

so Oldhams FA cup 3rd round home game on saturday with Bournmouth has now been moved and will be played at Bournmouth due to a frozen pitch at ice station zebra despite a massive affort to get the game on 

can remember last time this happend in the days of our undersoil heating   my self and 62613 spent a cold morning shoveling snow off the open terrace so the league game could go ahead only to get turned over 0 -3 by Blackburn rovers iirc we lost the game at ewood park as well 

The bottle of Lees' beer from Jimmy Frizzell when we finished was partly compensation, though! I've done something similar at Stalybridge since, only I think the result was better!

8 hours ago, 62613 said:

The bottle of Lees' beer from Jimmy Frizzell when we finished was partly compensation, though! I've done something similar at Stalybridge since, only I think the result was better!

iirc i was to young for the bottle of beer thanks bro but it was cool to meet sir Jimmy  

What a great first half from the youngsters of Villa, none of whom have played in first team before. The complete joy of the team when they equalised against a Liverpool first team was a joy to behold.......:dancer:

Of course there’s another 45 to go, but anything could happen.....

• 3 weeks later...

I have to chuckle at how someones support for a team can detach them from reason.

Not directed at anyone on this forum but I do have a handful of FB friends who support Villa who were ready for all out war at the total injustice of Man City's opening goal mid week and the farcical offside rule that allowed it to stand, something which most would agree. However, move on a few days and the exact same rule allowed Watkins goal to stand which, apparently, is fine.........

• Funny 1

You don’t get long at Chelsea. Lampard out and Tuchel in......

In all fairness to Frank, a very good player who possibly took one step too far with Chelsea. Of course Abramovich made his usual statement as to what a great guy Frank was..........

One assumes he got a few bob to soften the blow....

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gareth Collier said:

After a very quiet transfer window Brighton have finally made a signing, a barn door! The strikers are now going to practice trying to hit it......

You're lucky, Bramall Lane has a perimeter wall of barn doors, with banjos available to hire.

Mike.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2021 at 13:53, gordon s said:

You don’t get long at Chelsea. Lampard out and Tuchel in......

In all fairness to Frank, a very good player who possibly took one step too far with Chelsea. Of course Abramovich made his usual statement as to what a great guy Frank was..........

One assumes he got a few bob to soften the blow....

I suppose I should let it go really, but talk of Chelsea and money (or their lack of it when dealing with smaller clubs) always reminds me of the move of a young Ethan Ampadu from Exeter City to Chelsea. The Chelsea valuation was probably low because they were still paying off previous managers  (or team doctors). The transfer fee went to tribunal, Ampadu went to play for Chelsea, Leipzig and now Sheffiled Utd on loan, oh and 20 appearances for Wales so far.  

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Well I didn't see that coming  - Leicester City 3 Liverpool 1 - Leicester playing like drains for 70 minutes and somehow limiting Liverpool to just the one goal and suddenly Leicester switch on and score 3 goals in seven minutes and could have had a 4th in that period.

Liverpool seem to have a problem defending after 70 minutes of a  game - three goals conceded between the 78th minute and 85th minute today and three goals conceded between the 73rd and 83rd minute last Sunday - 6 goals conceded in 17 minutes of play!!!

P.S. we still managed to defend reasonably well with three of our four first pick defenders out injured but all you hear about is Liverpool's defensive problems....zzzzzzzz

Edited by cary hill
sense
  • Like 1