The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium

It's that time of year when I look forward to the footie finals, FA Cup, Champions League & Europa League, on the box. The FA cup is still free to air.

But it seems the Champions League & Europa League finals have succumbed to pay per view, BT Sport have both games, with only highlights on ITV at 10:45 PM next Wednesday for the Europa, and presumably same for the Champions League on the 26th

As someone who enjoys football whether it be my club or not, this is an outrage. :O   

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

It's that time of year when I look forward to the footie finals, FA Cup, Champions League & Europa League, on the box. The FA cup is still free to air.

But it seems the Champions League & Europa League finals have succumbed to pay per view, BT Sport have both games, with only highlights on ITV at 10:45 PM next Wednesday for the Europa, and presumably same for the Champions League on the 26th

As someone who enjoys football whether it be my club or not, this is an outrage. :O   

Rob

Last season both finals were shown free on BT, I am not sure if the same applies this year.

well done to Tranmere Rovers  and welcome back to the football league commiserations to Borehamwood .

now let old rivalries commence you bindipping plastic scousers  lol

Considering they played for 89 minutes with ten men that was a great achievement.

Wow what an unexpected end to Leicester City's season - after 3 months of Claude Puel's coma inducing slow, slow ineffective sideways and backwards passing game, bizarre tactics and weird team selections, playing with a faster more "direct" style, the season ends with a 9 goal thriller at Wembley vs Spurs, preceded by a deserved 3-1 win vs Arsenal.

I've no idea whether Puel should stay or go, but I suppose I would have taken a 9th place finish and two narrow Quarter Final Cup defeats before the season started, as it represents our highest top flight finishing position since 2000 (Season of Miracles excepted).

Whoever the manager is next season he has a big job to do especially with our ageing increasingly leaky defence (5th worst in the Premiership with 60 goals conceded).

• RMweb Premium

Last season both finals were shown free on BT, I am not sure if the same applies this year.

The BT Freeview channel has gone apparently, but it's possible they might be streamed on the web without subscription. Not ideal but at least we can see them.

Rob

The BT Freeview channel has gone apparently, but it's possible they might be streamed on the web without subscription. Not ideal but at least we can see them.

Rob

BT shedding 13,000 jobs 'worlwide' (most inthe UK) citing 'football rights' as the biggest loser

Rob

I wish they would take the Wimbledon bore fest

Jim

• RMweb Premium

I wish they would take the Wimbledon bore fest

Jim

Easy choose another channel or do something else. Same with any sport, or for that matter any programme, you don't have to watch it.

Rob

Easy choose another channel or do something else. Same with any sport, or for that matter any programme, you don't have to watch it.

Rob

But there is a wee problem there - the wife likes the tennis unfortunately so the option to turn over it fraught with danger

• RMweb Premium

Would have been nice if sky could have had a Derby punter. Better team won, celebration at the enda bit OTT they’ve still got another tough 90 mins to go!

Would have been nice if sky could have had a Derby punter. Better team won, celebration at the enda bit OTT they’ve still got another tough 90 mins to go!

In fairness to the Fulham fans - I seem to recall we did the same after we beat Brighton at Pride Park a few years ago. Mind you - looked what happened then.

Glorious weather in Cardiff on Sunday.

Not a single snowflake to spoil the celebrations.

I'm the one in the blue top !

Yes...you got promoted. Well done. 

But the snow issue is a little tiresome and is making you look a little foolish

Yes...you got promoted. Well done.

But the snow issue is a little tiresome and is making you look a little foolish

You mean like 3-1, 3-1.

Unluckily for the Rams, you came up against a Fulham side that are the best side we've faced over the last few seasons, better than Wolves.

At least you're on "the up" - maybe next year, Swansea won't be mounting a serious challenge, they're a club in turmoil.

The Baggies don't look serious contenders either.

Buy you a pint at Cardiff, season after next !

Edited by br2975

You mean like 3-1, 3-1.

Unluckily for the Rams, you came up against a Fulham side that are the best side we've faced over the last few seasons, better than Wolves.

At least you're on "the up" - maybe next year, Swansea won't be mounting a serious challenge, they're a club in turmoil.

But you a pint at Cardiff, season after next !

Ha ha, I think you fired the first shot.

I think Derby need a few younger legs in the team to mount a serious challenge next season. It will be an interesting summer.

Good luck next season, it will be tough to stay up. I think Huddersfield will go next season but Wolves have the cash to splash. That means whoever goes up through the play offs will probably be in that mini league at the bottom with Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley (because of Europa League commitments), Leicester and one or two others.

Ha ha, I think you fired the first shot.

I think Derby need a few younger legs in the team to mount a serious challenge next season. It will be an interesting summer.

Good luck next season, it will be tough to stay up. I think Huddersfield will go next season but Wolves have the cash to splash. That means whoever goes up through the play offs will probably be in that mini league at the bottom with Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley (because of Europa League commitments), Leicester and one or two others.

Hard for us next season, is being kind.

Cardiff City FC need an overhaul on and off the pitch, and any number of new faces on the pitch.

Hard for us next season, is being kind.

Cardiff City FC need an overhaul on and off the pitch, and any number of new faces on the pitch.

At least you get to play a Premier League season in blue next year.

Well I'm very pleased with this season, we could have gone further in the FA cup and CL but to break so many records on the PL was ample compensation... Only cloud on the horizon is that Pep has only one season left and doesn't seem to want to stay anywhere very long...

Good luck to Liverpool in the CL, btw, Can't say I'm bothered who wins the FA cup, though after some of the disgusting rants I've read from fans of the red half of Manchester over on the BBC website I'll be doing something I wouldn't normally do when watching a match with a Northern and a London side in it by rooting for the team in dark blue... Sometimes the anonymity on the Web can be a very bad thing...

• RMweb Gold

Glorious weather in Cardiff on Sunday.

Not a single snowflake to spoil the celebrations.

I'm the one in the blue top !

Are they celebrating Cardiff's promotion or Swansea's relegation?

Either way, I bet the South Wales Police are mighty relieved.

• RMweb Gold

Buy you a pint at Cardiff, season after next !

You needn't worry about Sunderland either. :(