Hornby December New Releases Newsletter

Garry D100

According to the November 1961 Trains Illustrated 2842 ended up on Tilbury shed a couple of months earlier. Must have come via the Tottenham & Hampstead or North London line, so not that far from the fictional Harford Street. A modeller's licence is hereby issued.

Only 1 or maybe 2 people would know that.

I believe I chatted to them both in the pub the other night. :D

• RMweb Premium

See this thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/26516-ebay-seller-fake/

A hijacked account being run by a conman,. now reported to Ebay and removed thanks to some sterling detective work by CSI RMWeb!!

Also noticed the VEP both livery versions on ebay with a pre order guarantee Christmas delivery :blink: they must be having a laugh especially priced at £110 :unsure:

Darren NSE DAZ

According to the November 1961 Trains Illustrated 2842 ended up on Tilbury shed a couple of months earlier. Must have come via the Tottenham & Hampstead or North London line, so not that far from the fictional Harford Street. A modeller's licence is hereby issued.

Thankyou kind Sir. Said licence will be used forthwith.;)

In the new releases, in the R2908 Train Pack are the Stanier coaches the newer type or the old rather basic ones from years

ago that sit rather high in the saddle?

They are the new hard-to-obtain Staniers 3rds... at least in the pictures, note the footsteps and general detail. Some might buy the pack for the loco or the carriages and split them?

Not sure why but BR 3rds never seemed very common in the shops, or maybe I just wasn't looking!

Rob

The links don't seem to be working but I can find no sign of the B/G Mk3's on the site.

The links were 'road tested' and worked just fine yesterday although I am also having problems with them today.

If you go to the www.ehattons.com home page, go to the 'new releases' section and scroll down (9th December) although there are no photographs yet. But more than ten of each of the R4444 TF and R4445 TS in stock.

• RMweb Gold

Tintagel Castle delayed yet again!!! Swindon built the real thing in about 8 weeks, Hornby will have taken 16 months for the model - if we can believe the March 2011 date.

Its longer than that as it was announced on 25/12/2008 ! :angry:

The links were 'road tested' and worked just fine yesterday although I am also having problems with them today.

If you go to the www.ehattons.com home page, go to the 'new releases' section and scroll down (9th December) although there are no photographs yet. But more than ten of each of the R4444 TF and R4445 TS in stock.

Well done - that's them ordered.

Sent: 17 December 2010 15:20

To: ***********

Subject: Hattons Model Railways - Product arrived into stock

Hello

This is an automatically generated email to tell you that Hornby Model Railways R4433 Mk3 Virgin Charter Relief 'Pretendolino' standard open coach SO is now in stock and ready to purchase at for £20.00.

Sent: 17 December 2010 15:13

To: ***********

Subject: Hattons Model Railways - Product arrived into stock

Hello

This is an automatically generated email to tell you that Hornby Model Railways R4432 Mk3 Virgin Charter Relief 'Pretendolino' 1st open coach FO is now in stock and ready to purchase at for £20.00.

The TSO must have been yet another surprise in their container.

Pity we now have to wait until Februrary (2011?) for the EWS Class 90/Mk3b DVT pack.

But it will give me something to look forward to...............................................................

The December 2010 Hornby New Releases Letter, in its list of items which have been deferred until 2011 lists R2967 as 'Lamport & Holt Line'. Is this just a failure to change the Hornby database, as earlier this year Hornby announced that 'Cunard White Star' would replace 'L & H', or have Hornby now reverted to their original plan?

For the past couple of days, a small number of contributors to the Hornby Forum (Sorry, yes, I do occasionally relax by visiting other Forums!) have been claiming that they have had recent e-mail contact with Hornby confirming that R2967 will be 'L & H'. However, the big box shifters sites are still showing it as 'C W S'.

Please, can any of our trade insiders shed any further light on this, or is it a question of 'open the box!' to find out which one has arrived (when it does come, that is!)?

Richard

Guest Belgian

The December 2010 Hornby New Releases Letter, in its list of items which have been deferred until 2011 lists R2967 as 'Lamport & Holt Line'. Is this just a failure to change the Hornby database, as earlier this year Hornby announced that 'Cunard White Star' would replace 'L & H', or have Hornby now reverted to their original plan?

For the past couple of days, a small number of contributors to the Hornby Forum (Sorry, yes, I do occasionally relax by visiting other Forums!) have been claiming that they have had recent e-mail contact with Hornby confirming that R2967 will be 'L & H'. However, the big box shifters sites are still showing it as 'C W S'.

Please, can any of our trade insiders shed any further light on this, or is it a question of 'open the box!' to find out which one has arrived (when it does come, that is!)?

Richard

It seemed very odd when Hornby announced that they would substitute 35004 for 35026 since the former ran with a tender not modelled by Hornby (a 5,000 gallon one) except - possibly - for its last two weeks in service whilst 35026 spent most of its working life with one of the 5,100 gallon ones which Hornby have modelled. Perhaps they have seen the error of their ways and are going to supply it as originally intended as 35026.

For the past couple of days, a small number of contributors to the Hornby Forum have been claiming that they have had recent e-mail contact with Hornby confirming that R2967 will be 'L & H'. However, the big box shifters sites are still showing it as 'C W S'.

Richard

Richard,

I saw that thread too. I'm not sure whether this statement is accurate:

...earlier this year Hornby announced that 'Cunard White Star' would replace 'L & H'
I thought that Cunard White Star was listed in the 2010 Catalogue. (I don't have it handy to check.) Lamport & Holt Line was definitely announced during Hornby's mid-year 'surprise' announcement, along with Silver Jubilee, Brown Jack, etc here.

There is presently no reference to Cunard White Star on Hornby's website. Unless their on-line database is wrong, Cunard White Star appears to have been replaced by Lamport & Holt Line.

The plan to issue Cunard White Star instead of Lamport & Holt Line was announced in the 'Hornby Collector' in August 2010, and immediately raised hopes within the Hornby Products section of RM Web that this might indicate Hornby were about to produce the correct tender. However, the 'new' tender has never been confirmed. Now it seems that the revertion to Lamport & Holt is tacit acknowledgement by Hornby that they don't have the correct tender for C W S.

As I said in August, perhaps Hornby are reproducing the situation quite often encountered amongst the Clapham Junction spotting fraternity and we need to wait and see which one Nine Elms shed foreman thinks is fit to use!

Richard

Archived