Hornby December New Releases Newsletter

Garry D100

No 4-VEP's until April :( :( :(

Slight wallet relief phew :blink:

As the "Southern" correspondent (on a slightly unrelated subject) do you know what the latest is on the 442 useage between Vic & GA / BI from 01/12/10 ?? Last I heard Thameslink were playing silly ###### and the additional paths hadn't been agreed............ :(

Two more Western 2-8-0s this monthcool.gif (but then I will have to pay for themsad.gif)

Yes Mike.Its nice to see something with GWR on the tender released in the 175 year !

er yes Robin - I have already got 2818 in GW livery, and am in the (gradual) process of changing it to BR black in order to reproduce a variant Hornby don't offerwink.gif

Given that No. 2818 was manufactured Hornby's second source besides Sanda Kan, with the other 28xx / 2884 items in the funnel for December, this supplier is coming on-line in strength. Given Hornby's supply chain dramas, I think this is really good news for us and Hornby.

The December releases also sets an expectation of March for the release of Tintagel Castle. I believe that this is being manufactued by Sanda Kan.

Newsletter states R2906 Rare Bird Train Pack as not due until February.....and one has just appeared on ebay......errrr :unsure: .

I suspect that their promise of delivery by Christmas if ordered by the 18thmight be a little bit of a lie then. I've seen this before on ebay, I think someone was doing it with Bachhy products two years before they managed to get them to market!

m0rris

Newsletter states R2906 Rare Bird Train Pack as not due until February.....and one has just appeared on ebay......errrr :unsure: .

Also noticed the VEP both livery versions on ebay with a pre order guarantee Christmas delivery :blink: they must be having a laugh especially priced at £110 :unsure:

Darren NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

According to the November 1961 Trains Illustrated 2842 ended up on Tilbury shed a couple of months earlier. Must have come via the Tottenham & Hampstead or North London line, so not that far from the fictional Harford Street. A modeller's licence is hereby issued.

Archived