The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For all those who are fed up with the advert.....

shortliner

• RMweb Premium

Apart from Go Compare and those loathsome ambulance-chasers, my pet hate is the "instant loan" advert - yes, the APR is shown but only as an afterthought.

How many desperate/easily led people get themselves into serious ever-increasing debt, especially at this time of year?

Apart from Go Compare and those loathsome ambulance-chasers, my pet hate is the "instant loan" advert - yes, the APR is shown but only as an afterthought.

How many desperate/easily led people get themselves into serious ever-increasing debt, especially at this time of year?

Yeah, they flash up the 100% APR and fact that the loan is secured on your house in the smal print.:angry:

I love the barber shop in the OPs link. I also like the CGI puppies, they don't need walking or poo on the carpet! As for the Iceland ad I prefer the can-can one to the Kerry bloody Katona one.....

Hate the ambulance chaser ones especially the guy from the Bill, all of the "we buy any car ads have been a pain & the borrow money at mega interest ads.

• RMweb Premium

You can usually tell the programme's target audience by the type of ads, if you hadn't realised that you are watching a chick flick on ITV then you'll know from the feminine hygiene ads!

I knew that "The Bill" was attracting small audiences because the daytime ads were being shown. ( legalised loan sharks, ambulance chasers etc )

I've always loathed ads from when I was a teenager because I recognised them to be "corporate propaganda" - my father recently told me that he was delighted when I said that!

Quite. I believe the term used for a cat engaging in such an act is 'playing the cello' (the hind leg pointing upward representing the fret board of the cello).:P :lol:

Now I havn't heard that phrase since my grandfather died. As he lived in Billericay I wonder if it is an Essex expression. It is a perfect decription.

Bernard

Guest jim s-w

Any daytime ad does my head in. The andrex one already mentioned and juan sheet!

Flipping the coin I think the John Lewis add is superb while

was absolutely stunning.

Cheers

Jim

The same ones coming up in every single break during European Cup matches really gets me fed up and agin the product; Ford, Mastercard, Heineken and Sony Playstation, though the first time I saw the shoes and screaming lads one I raised a smile.

It is corporate brainwashing of the masses, playing on human psychology. Some people are probably more open to 'suggestion' than others and fill their houses with a load of old toot, but if their happy doing their dough on the latest fragrance by 'Calvin Dior' or 'must have' gadgets, then good for them.B)

• RMweb Premium

Returning to the cat's ars* licking description (apologies but I must), can I just mention that I feel sorry for anyone that allows a dog to lick their (the person's) face (I said face) and they should remember where the dog's mouth/tongue has been probably just a few minutes before. However, as far as I am aware a dog does not contort in the same way when performing this operation :rolleyes:.

Horsetan should be relieved (maybe not the best word to use in this context) that his favourite animals tend not to use the cat/dog method for this cleansing action. That could be difficult to deal with whilst out on a hack :P.

36E

The same ones coming up in every single break during European Cup matches really gets me fed up and agin the product; Ford, Mastercard, Heineken and Sony Playstation, though the first time I saw the shoes and screaming lads one I raised a smile.

I thought the screaming lads one was a good mickey take.

• RMweb Gold

The snobby Glade ones from earlier this year which ended with "and it's from Glade you know" as if Glade is an internationally renowned label like Rolls Royce! Plus Go Compare ads (how I hate them!), fragrance ads, ads that use 'statistics' from a poll of around 100 people, any ads that try to guilt you into something and of course all of the 'no win no fee' ambulance chasers.

Guest Belgian

I hate these stupid perfume ads at this time of year and the desperately unfunny 'here come the girls' Boots ads.:rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed that most of the perfume ads show women on their own? Are they trying to a message over that shows women the pong drives men away?!!

Archived