TouchCab news & updates

• RMweb Gold

btw, i can see all the symbols shown on the app store preview on my downloaded app, looking at the details there has been no update since 2014 so there is no real reason why you shouldnt be able to get them either

• RMweb Gold

actually looking at your original question regards the symbols....

what you are seeing in the first picture 'preview' is the loco BR50 2362's function symbols that have been customised by the user to show what each function is

here is an example of one of my locos with the functions customised

image_1.png

• RMweb Premium

Ah! I see what to do now, that's great, thanks Jim.

The two pages of instructions I found online didn't mention any of these functions.

I later found the proper instruction pages!

Syd

Edited by juke

• RMweb Premium

Having another exploration of what this app can do, I set up my ip Cobalt points, setting each one to use feedback.

When I go back to check the feedback the slider is off.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...

Just begun to get seriously to grips with my new ECoS 50200 and really looking forward to trying the new version TouchCab when it is released.

Thunderous silence still . . . no news about an update to TouchCab that I can see.

Anyone know what is happening?

The old version is still on the AppStore. Is it worth getting?

Edited by JJGraphics

• RMweb Premium

The app currently on sale is fine, works very well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I needed to.

One thing we're not getting is any replies to requests for help but other users can usually answer queries.

It was in danger of being lost a while back, until these new guys took it over so I'd buy it now in case it disappears again!

Syd

The app currently on sale is fine, works very well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I needed to.

One thing we're not getting is any replies to requests for help but other users can usually answer queries.

It was in danger of being lost a while back, until these new guys took it over so I'd buy it now in case it disappears again!

Syd

Many thanks for the positive comment . . . I'll give it a go.

John

• 1 month later...

With tablet/smartphone-based controllers, the obvious next step would seem to be cab simulation interface with touch screen controls and a realistic physics engine. Is this feasible?

Not only feasible, but already available on a mainstream tablet/smartphone based DCC system.

See the Roco/Fleischmann Z21 & it's baby brother, the z21.

Thanks: the Z21 is spectacular but the camera cab is probably too elaborate and proprietary to be of general interest. What I have in mind in particular is driving and firing steam locos from a (probably simplified and generic) touchscreen cab with a physics engine behind it to translate the control inputs into the appropriate loco motion and sounds.   

I have gone on the App Store and a search comes up empty.

Richard

However go to the TouchCab website and use the link and behold the app is there, never seen that before on the App Store.

Edited by Tricky Dicky

Maybe the search was set to "iPad only" rather than search all apps, im sure someone had the same issue a few pages back

Your right Jim, iPad only - zilch, select iPhone only and its there. Thanks for the heads up. BTW I have been following your layout blog a most impressive project, it's a shame running problems have you considering a restart. Keep up the good work.

Richard

Has anbody installed IOS 9.3.5 onto a device yet? And if so, is Touchcab still working ok? Downloaded it, but I'm loath to install yet as our show is soon and I dont want it to go pear shaped at this point! Thanks, Kev.

Edited by kevpeo

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I can't connect using my iPhone 6 with update 10.0.2, same when my son visited yesterday with his 6. The 4S, on 7. something that I keep in the loft is fine, is anyone else having trouble?

Syd

Edited by juke

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi folks

Want to use Touchcab but having some issues interfacing with ECoS

Edit - sorry should have said ECoS 50200 firmware 4.1.4

Symptoms are:

1. Latched functions wont switch off once switched on

2. Throttle on ECoS responds to Touchcab but display on Touchcab does not !

3. Loco direction of travel will not reverse on touchcab

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Bob

We had it working - but then I updated the ECoS firmware and that killed it - until today when I twigged the legacy PC setting requirement.

A very kind friend gave me an IPhone 3 that was surplus to requirements so now with a 4 man crew we should be able to roster 1 driver for up trains, one for down trains, a bobby and a yard man

Should result in slick operation hopefully

Phil

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Have like fed using Touchcab for the lst 3 years.

Today I got my first feedback accessory going. It works correctly on my Lenz handset so then I tried setting it up as a signal using the feedback address for the signal address in Touchcab.

It didn't work.

Any suggestions?

• RMweb Gold

So Teri was having a sort out last week and she found an old mobile!

What shall I do with this she said? Hang on a mo is that an IPhone???? Hee hee that's another wireless controller added....not too sure about the pink cover though....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock