GWR Mogul in 4mm scale from K's kit

bertiedog

Following my post I realized that the sides of the chute actually extended below the chute (as shown in one of Hayfield's photos) so it was a simple matter to use a coping saw on the sides of the chute right back to the top and bend it down to match the tender floor.  Fillets of solder each side fixed it in position.  I still don't know why K's designed it that way but thanks for all your input!

1 hour ago, Jeff Smith said:

Following my post I realized that the sides of the chute actually extended below the chute (as shown in one of Hayfield's photos) so it was a simple matter to use a coping saw on the sides of the chute right back to the top and bend it down to match the tender floor.  Fillets of solder each side fixed it in position.  I still don't know why K's designed it that way but thanks for all your input!

So that K's tender drive unit could be fitted, the hole in the coal space is where the fixing screw goes

see first two photos

https://www.google.com/search?q=Keyser+(K's)+tender+drive+unit&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB833GB833&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiWidSmnLbpAhXPiFwKHZv0AhgQ_AUoAnoECAsQBA&biw=1920&bih=937