Passing trains

Peter Kazmierczak

attachicon.gifIMG_1219.jpg

92005 powers the 4M25 06:05 Mossend Euroterminal to Daventry Int Rft Recep Rfd through platform 4 at Nuneaton, 12 minutes late at 14:09,  passing the 1D87 London Euston to Chester service, which is on time. Thursday 20 November 2014.

Geoff

I'm not seeing two locos/units of the same class...

Here are two pairs of units of the same class passing,

post-7081-0-19460500-1417625571.jpg

At Topsham four of First Great Western's class 143 units meet,

143619 is the rear set of the 11.23 Exmouth to Paignton and has met set 143611 leading another set on the 10.15 Paignton - Exmouth, 16/9/2014

cheers

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Side by side 185s at Mirfield East Junction, 12th December 2014.

185109 working 1P29, 1053 York to Manchester Airport

185139 working 1P26, 1033 Manchester Airport to Middlesborough

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Neck and neck at East Ham....  Taken with the use of a pole to get above the rather high fence.

Cheers,

Tim

A freightliner Class 66 66549 with a rake of empty coal hoppers from Fiddlers Ferry Power Station in Warrington travelling to Hunterston passes a southbound Virgin Pendolino service on the WCML today with DRS Carlisle Kingmoor Depot in the background.

Not seeing two locos of the same type in either of those last two posts... :protest:

Not seeing two locos of the same type in either of those last two posts... :protest:

Photo removed.  I didn't realize that the passing trains had to be the same type as it doesn't say at the beginning of the thread.  Looking through previous posts it looks like the criteria was lost on the topic.  Ah well, more of a challenge to get a photo to post on here in the future!  Cheers.  Peter  

Providing you were hauled by a WC/BB class engine.

The sub-titles of threads doesn't seem to appear anymore - at least not on my (ancient) browser.....

The original idea of this thread was to illustrate trains passing, hauled by the same class of loco or formed of the same class of DMU/EMU.

Edited by Peter Kazmierczak

Yeah just round the back of Matalan! ;)

(In Peterborough?)

At one point this would have been easy, but now there's 3 types of unit in service on the route (and a 4th being built) it isn't any more - 319s pass just north of Farringdon.

319454_Farringdon_08052015_TSGN%20%2818%

• Like 6

You wouldn't know it to look at it, but these are both class 458s! Unrebuilt 458013 heads west on the Windsor lines at Clapham Jcn, whilst rebuild 458511 trails a 10 car set out of Clapham Yard. And a bit of bonus 455 for luck. ;)
458013_458511_swtemu_ClaphamJcn_05052015

• Like 4

Vine Road, Barnes ??? 

​Not sure, Southernman. I was on a train out of Victoria on my way, if memory serves, to Clapham Junction on a fine summer's day in '64. Unfortunately I never made the trip again, and can't think why, apart from shortage of funds. Sorry for lateness of response, I've been away.