RMweb

Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Go for it, lets see what you can do. I've used Modellers Mecca gangways on my 108's.

Hope your health improves.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. Will do. I've seen a photo of a split headcode 40, a Deltic and a 47 outside Haymarket main shed which I fancy replicating too.

I've got some gangways from York Modelmaking ready to fit to the 107. Will have a look at your 108 gangways, which I think you posted a pic of over on the realism thread, didn't you?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Paul. Will do. I've seen a photo of a split headcode 40, a Deltic and a 47 outside Haymarket main shed which I fancy replicating too.

I've got some gangways from York Modelmaking ready to fit to the 107. Will have a look at your 108 gangways, which I think you posted a pic of over on the realism thread, didn't you?

Cheers

Dave

Yes and there's some on my blue diesels thread of the white and blue unit. I think there is a number on the back of the photo [the 40?] will have a look when I get home.

Paul

Edited by GRUNFOS
  • Like 1

Pity you can't replicate this, my first visit to Scotland in 1977 as a 14 year old. No permit, walked to the office and were shown around with our own guide who was called from one of the other rooms. Great work, real insperational stuff.

attachicon.gifk.jpg

Caption says, 55 009 March 1979, must have been my second visit!

Edited by GRUNFOS
  • Like 2

As the work goes on over at Haymarket depot...

post-7247-0-12658100-1457371616_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-16589300-1457371622_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-70013800-1457371722_thumb.jpg

107 447 has now been fitted with gangways.

Currently in the works are three more Mk 1s for ScotRail branding.

Work has also started on the water tower, which has now had its top cut off, ready for a new tank to be made from plastikard.

Hope to be back soon with some more updates.

Cheers for now,
Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 18

Dave

Is that pans on the stove and cups on the other work unit?

Must say the natural,daylight makes so much difference to the atmosphere of the shots. I have been wondering if daylight lamps intended for photographers will produce the same effect

Dave

Is that pans on the stove and cups on the other work unit?

Hi Gary,

Yes, it is. They came with the Preiser work unit.

I've often wondered just how good daylight bulbs are too. Never really either seen them or particularly noticed them on any exhibition layouts. I wish I'd tried them in the railway room now though.

Cheers

Dave

Hi folks,

First up I thought I'd show a couple of shots of my Mk 2 FO, which has had its interiors detailed and curtains (painted paper) fitted and been populated and reallocated from the Western Region to the Eastern Region...

post-7247-0-00883000-1457544839_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-37347100-1457544852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 18

Dave,

Do,you know the reference number for the preiser figures?

Is it 10329 cooks working with pans?

No, it's "Preiser 10646 Kitchen Furniture - Woman Cooking".

Very sexist, I know, but then I didn't use the woman.  :jester:

Dave

Edited by Waverley West

• RMweb Premium

love the work you've done on the FK - even just a simple suggestion of curtain is enough to really make the difference

I notice you've done the headrest cushions as well!

great stuff, although 47715 and train should be turned at the earliest available opportunity! (well, maybe at winchburgh or cowlairs) ;)

Hi Dave,

Was good to see you at Glasgow and hopefully catch up again soon.

Those interiors of the buildings are superb. Thanks also for the tips on carriage curtains and the inspiration for detailing the interiors, I've got a lot to work through in the future.

All the best

Mark

• Like 1

love the work you've done on the FK - even just a simple suggestion of curtain is enough to really make the difference

I notice you've done the headrest cushions as well!

great stuff, although 47715 and train should be turned at the earliest available opportunity! (well, maybe at winchburgh or cowlairs) ;)

Indeed the DBSO's were normally "pulled" out of QS , don't think it was allowed for them to be leading into the tunnel.......

Indeed the DBSO's were normally "pulled" out of QS , don't think it was allowed for them to be leading into the tunnel.......

Agree entirely, generally, guys. But I have a photo of a 47/7 push-pull unit leaving Platform 14 that way round and I fancied a change with the loco visible in the station. There's a prototype for everything remember!

Cheers

Dave 

• Like 1