Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

That lorry looks rather good and do I notice a rather nice green class 40 in the shot?

The lorry is a lovely little model (Base Toys Leyland FG) and the cab comes off pretty easily too, making it easy to fit a driver (when I eventually get a round tuit).

post-7247-0-48728700-1454518610_thumb.jpg

The 40 is a Loughborough Models limited edition, although I made a right mess of weathering it (the transfers all came off after I applied an enamel wash), so I basically had to redo it. Doh.

• Like 15

Looks like you need to call the rerailing crew out for 47546...

Superb pictures as always Dave.. It is just so difficult to tell the difference between your model and the real thing..

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Mark

Hi folks,

Just another quick pitstop update. Work is continuing on the interiors of the office buildings. The interior walls are now in place and painted. I have also fitted lights to both buildings. The interiors look a bit bare at the moment, but hopefully that will soon change. I've been looking on Shapeways for some chairs, which would be the most time-consuming item of furniture to make, as I will need quite a few. I've ordered some HO chairs which I'm hoping will fit the bill and not be too small. Photos to follow soon I hope. I then need to think about the furniture for six offices, a mess room perhaps, a training room and a meeting room of some sort.

As a break from making buildings, I thought I would work on my non-a/c Mk 2s a bit more. I have already weathered the exteriors of these, but I've been meaning to renumber them as ScotRail coaches and detail the interiors for some time (as in several years!) and I've have finally got a round tuit at last. Painting of the interiors is well under way now and renumbering is done. I thought I might alter the roof colour of a couple of them slightly too to add a bit of variation. You rarely seem to see uniform coach roof colours in a rake of Mk 1s or Mk 2s in particular. These coaches are the last regular service coaches on the layout to have their interiors detailed and passengers fitted. The next step with my coaches will be to fit corridor connections and then ultimately lights.

These coaches are generally used on my loco-hauled Fife services, although with a couple more coaches added they are also used on Inverness and Aberdeen services.

post-7247-0-21356200-1455028414_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 13

Dave you may find 3D printed furniture expensive I have been using Kibri Ho furniture with no problems you can even use Ho figures inside as without any point of reference they won't stand out as small

Thanks for the tip, Gary. I did find some of the 3D printed furniture expensive, including one HO scale chair for £6!

I've had a quick look for Kibri furniture and the first few sites I found were out of stock. Where did you get yours from? What I saw looked good and just what I am looking for though.

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: Just found a place on ebay that has some Kibri stuff in stock. Cheers Gary!

Edited by Waverley West

Thanks for the tip, Gary. I did find some of the 3D printed furniture expensive, including one HO scale chair for £6!

I've had a quick look for Kibri furniture and the first few sites I found were out of stock. Where did you get yours from? What I saw looked good and just what I am looking for though.

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: Just found a place on ebay that has some Kibri stuff in stock. Cheers Gary!

Dave got mine from Germany will find link and post him

Hi Dave more excellent work. Where do you get your drivers and passengers from?

Keep it up,

Paul.

Thanks Paul

They're a bit of a mixture, but many of my drivers come from this unpainted pack...

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=PR16335&style=main&strType=&Mcode=Preiser+16335

You get quite a few drivers for your money and can obviously paint them to suit your needs.

and most of my passengers come from this one...

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=PR14418&r=1

I try and place the passengers in the most obvious places in the coaches in order to keep costs down. Buying the bulk pack does help a bit too. I've just populated a five-coach train reasonably well with one pack. They do make a big difference too, I think. I really couldn't face painting my own passengers, there's enough to do on the layout as it is!

HTH

Cheers

Dave

Dave

looking back at my eBay account the items I purchased are from the preiser range.

These are from salesaway if you purchase several items at the same time they will combine postage and they work out very good value

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Preiser-17184-Buroeinrichtung-Bausatz-H0-/252259384301?hash=item3abbd4bbed:g:pDwAAOSw-zxWn-eo

I have purchased items from Noch some time back

Dave

looking back at my eBay account the items I purchased are from the preiser range.

These are from salesaway if you purchase several items at the same time they will combine postage and they work out very good value

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Preiser-17184-Buroeinrichtung-Bausatz-H0-/252259384301?hash=item3abbd4bbed:g:pDwAAOSw-zxWn-eo

I have purchased items from Noch some time back

That looks just the sort of thing I'm looking for, Gary. Thanks!

Large Logo takes over Haymarket depot...

post-7247-0-91484000-1455266752_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-50648100-1455267086_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-06508000-1455266961_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-82804300-1455267683_thumb.jpg

In other news, my early Mk 2s are now complete and just need putting back on the layout.

27034 has been in the works for wheel cleaning and the fitting of new miniature snowploughs, as well as Westie stickers to bring it into the second half of the 80s. Together the Mk 2s and 27034 should make a nice rake for the loco-hauled Fife service. Photos to follow soon I hope.

Cheers for now,
Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 19

Large Logo takes over Haymarket depot...

attachicon.gif47644 3.jpg

attachicon.gif47s and 37.jpg

attachicon.gif47 and 37.jpg

In other news, my early Mk 2s are now complete and just need putting back on the layout.

27034 has been in the works for wheel cleaning and the fitting of new miniature snowploughs, as well as Westie stickers to bring it into the second half of the 80s. Together the Mk 2s and 27034 should make a nice rake for the loco-hauled Fife service. Photos to follow soon I hope.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Excellent work and great photos of HA. 

Am really looking forward to Bachman's large logo 47 coming out, may buy two, one to leave as is and one to get renumbered as Fife Region.

• Like 1

And some shots of the new office buildings which are ready for occupation...

post-7247-0-12694900-1455384884_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-25327200-1455384889_thumb.jpg

The ring main and lighting circuits in the offices have all been installed now :jester: and the skirting boards and doors fitted. Just need some office furniture now, which arrived this morning.

post-7247-0-19163400-1455384893_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Excellent work on the office block, just one thing you haven't told us yet, which room do they issue the Permits from when we want to visit the depot, or perhaps more importantly, which window do we get bellowed at from when we don't have a Permit!

The sixth photo in the second batch is fantastic, superbly atmospheric.

• Like 2