Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave

Great YouTube clip, you have that window and the light from it in the best place to allow the long shadows down onto your station just right.

Excellent as always Dave...

Regards

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave - brilliant videos - that Polaroid cube has certainly improved things beyond recogition, and the sound is also extremely good - I think that the 27 is so realistic - but then so waws the A4.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Excellent photos in both B&W and Colour, I like the way the lights at night have that glow, and the one with the Class 40 aka D200 tucked back into the engine shed in lane 6E looks great, you have captured that just perfectly. 

The Three arches Bride with a semi-dried up river if that what I can call it, looks just great to, and the B&W version of the same photo is superb to.

Is the '#E' on the Engine Shed, does that stand for 'EAST Entrance', just intrigued...lol

Regards

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Is the '#E' on the Engine Shed, does that stand for 'EAST Entrance', just intrigued...lol

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie.

The 'E' does indeed stand for 'East'. It's the end of the shed which faces Edinburgh. 

Cheers

Dave

(still enjoying this crazy spell of weather)

• Like 2

Hi Dave

Yes, we are having some great weather at the moment, in the late afternoon, sitting in the garden with a ice cold can of Woodpecker Cider, making the most of it, as we never know how long it will last for.

Hope all is well mate.

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Hope you are all well. The latest 150 looks great and those corridor connectors certainly improve the realism even further on the MK 3’s. What did you use for them as I have a VTec set to do at some point?

Funny thought of you today as had a trip at Bo’ness, the pile of charred sleepers are still there from the linside fire that day we all went on it which reminded me.

All the best

Mark

Hi folks,

Not a lot to report really. This glorious weather is keeping me outside at the moment.

Pending the resumption of normal service, here are a few pics from a brief running session I managed to squeeze in last night.

As you can see the weather here is pretty fantastic at the moment. Ideal for a stroll along the river bank. Not surprisingly, the river's looking low.

attachicon.gifCountryside.jpg

attachicon.gifCountryside 1.jpg

attachicon.gifCountryside 2.jpg

26025 on a ballast train...

attachicon.gif26025 1.jpg

Over at Haymarket, various locos were in for attention...

attachicon.gifShed 1.jpg

including 47459

attachicon.gifShed 2.jpg

and D200

attachicon.gifD200.jpg

And some in black and white...

attachicon.gifCountryside BW.jpg

attachicon.gifShed 1 BW.jpg

attachicon.gifShed 2 BW.jpg

That's all for now folks, I expect to be back once the weather breaks!

Cheers,

Dave

Stunning pics as always.

Love the 26 pan shot..and is that Derek Cross counting his sheep?

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Yet again, I'm not sure whether I'm looking at photos of the real Waverley or of a model - there are only a few layouts on here with this degree of realism, this one, and Peterborough North, and Liverpool Lime Street being the most obvious.   Every one is different, and all are brilliant.

Hi Dave,

Hope you are all well. The latest 150 looks great and those corridor connectors certainly improve the realism even further on the MK 3’s. What did you use for them as I have a VTec set to do at some point?

Funny thought of you today as had a trip at Bo’ness, the pile of charred sleepers are still there from the linside fire that day we all went on it which reminded me.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark. They're from York Modelmaking. I've always thought corridor connectors make a huge difference to a rake. It's taken me a long time to get round to doing them but I'm getting there now. 

Cheers

Dave