Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

Greetings one and all from the Cumbrian Riviera.

Here's another whistlestop posting just to prove I haven't given up modelling altogether.

I nipped down to Haymarket MPD earlier this afternoon to see what was about.

45144 was passing by with a Speedlink service...

attachicon.gif45144 5.jpg

attachicon.gif45144 4.jpg

attachicon.gif45144 1.jpg

It later passed through Waverley, as an HST was standing in Platform 19...

attachicon.gif45144 & HST 2.jpg

And a few in B&W...

attachicon.gif45144 & HST BW.jpg

attachicon.gif45144 1 BW.jpg

attachicon.gif45144 4 BW.jpg

I've actually been working away on my blue/grey HST. Lazerglaze windows and York Modelmaking corridor connections have now been fitted. Work is under way on the TGS at the moment, as the sides are bulging slightly for some reason. I hope to post some pics of the completed rake soon.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Hi Dave

Wow, That first photo I thought, and I'm still not sure, but I thought the first photo was real... (is it really...!?!) it's only the next few photos underneath of the same rake that as possibly convicted me that its on your layout.... and I'm still in doubt Dave.  You are truly a great photos taker and Modeller of all things in my eyes... I truly mean that Dave.

Love the Rake of wagons, I notice the first wagon behind class 45, I have several myself weathered like yours and look superb and I've just bought a few of the second batch ECC International by DJ Models JIA TIGER China Clay Wagon which also look smart, I also recommend those to, I only ever get to see a rake of them at Bescot in the West Midland (M6/J9) and your 'SpeedLink' wagons are one of my favourite era's of the BR Era.

Great work Dave, I have to say...

Regards

Jamie

PS: Hope all is well bud.

Edited by 7APT7

Still enjoying this topic very much. Although Class 45s were an unusual at Waverley I do remember seeing a photo of one on a Speedlink service about to cross the Tay Bridge heading South. Have had a quick search but could not find the photo at the moment.

Still enjoying this topic very much. Although Class 45s were an unusual at Waverley I do remember seeing a photo of one on a Speedlink service about to cross the Tay Bridge heading South. Have had a quick search but could not find the photo at the moment.

You're right, Calum. 45144 is a bit of a Rule 1 loco for me. 46s were not uncommon at Haymarket though, especially in the late 70s/early 80s. I've seen some photos of them on shed at Haymarket and I've also seen some shots of them on Newcastle to Edinburgh "locals".

I have been poring over various diesel photo books and was surprised how rare that the class 21/29s were at Edinburgh, so far I have only seen one photo of a class 29 at St.Margarets on a football extra, the photographer must have thought that it was his lucky day as the next train was a Freightliner hauled by a class 50! - Both photos are on the RailScot site https://www.railscot.co.uk/img/27/804/ and https://www.railscot.co.uk/img/37/779/

Jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You're right, Calum. 45144 is a bit of a Rule 1 loco for me. 46s were not uncommon at Haymarket though, especially in the late 70s/early 80s. I've seen some photos of them on shed at Haymarket and I've also seen some shots of them on Newcastle to Edinburgh "locals".

Found it at last, the photo of the Peak at Dundee on a freight heading South in an Edinburgh direction. I thought it was on my PC and spent ages trawling through photos I'd downloaded over the years. However it was in W.J Verden's excellent book Diesels in Scotland.

So no need for Rule 1!

post-4700-0-86931000-1533821028_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

oooh Hoover action Dave. Go on, you know you want to..........

:)

Didn't I post this one recently...?

I have several other Hoovers in their boxes for possible future projects too. At some point, I'm hoping to recreate the Scots Streaker II railtour of 1985 involving 50030. I have a decent picture of the headboard all lined up.

• Like 9

Nice video. Your 50 sounds superb. Whose sound project and speaker have you used?

Thanks Colin. It's actually an old SWD from many years ago. It was one of my first sound chip installations. I think the speaker is a bass speaker if I remember rightly.

Hi folks

Just managed a quick session up in the railway room this afternoon, so I thought I'd post some videos...

47714 on a Glasgow to Edinburgh push-pull...

...and 37418 on a Speedlink VDA/VEA van train...

Cheers 

Dave

• Like 9

Hi folks,

A little experiment in making a video containing a hot-potch of videos from a recent running session...

The session involved test-running my blue-grey HST, which has now been fitted with Lazerglaze windows and corridor connections. The set ran perfectly in pull mode. The next step will be to test it in push mode.

45144 runs through Waverley with a Speedlink train.

At the end of this rake is a Heljan Cargowaggon van which has had its couplings fitted to the bogies rather than the body. This van used to give me no end of trouble, derailing at every opportunity, until it was withdrawn and stored for many years. I finally found some time to do something about it at the weekend! Proof that I do get around to things. Eventually. It has so far run faultlessly. Fingers crossed.

Hope you like them!

The next project on the list will be to fit my ScotRail push-pull rake with Lazerglaze and corridor connections. This will see the temporary withdrawal of the rake and its replacement by a blue-grey set. This, combined with the blue-grey HST being released will see the clock turned back a few years at Waverley West.

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 14