Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi Dave.

I am enjoying the video's keep them coming.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, I was wondering what everyone thought of them. Still not the best quality but much better than my previous attempts I think. Must try some using my daughter's iPhone.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, I was wondering what everyone thought of them. Still not the best quality but much better than my previous attempts I think. Must try some using my daughter's iPhone.

No worries, some of my early ones where from my old iphone 4s  which I still think was better than my old video camera. 

I Like the last shot must be about 20 locos on shed. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Freezers fist law of model railways - "Every Modeler will have twice as many locomotives as he needs, and half as many as he wants"

Jim

I have never seen this before, but it is so, so true.  What are the second and third laws?

Gracious me. Whatever I might think about Sprinters, I think your picture of the '150 is probably your most lifelike yet. There is absolutely nothing to suggest, to me at least, that it is a model. Absolutely fantastic - inspirational even. Thank you for showing us.

Best wishes,

Paul

• RMweb Premium

A closer aerial view. Just the one, helicopter hire is expensive.  :jester:

Move the layout forward a few decades and you won't need to use a helo as you could use a drone.

Serously, I agree that the image of the Sprinter is stunning and I have looked at it time and time again, and can see no clues that it is a model - I'd need to measure the track gauge to be sure.

Move the layout forward a few decades and you won't need to use a helo as you could use a drone.

Serously, I agree that the image of the Sprinter is stunning and I have looked at it time and time again, and can see no clues that it is a model - I'd need to measure the track gauge to be sure.

"Listen, don't mention the war track gauge. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right."

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely fabulous as ever. Personally think the videos came out really well. If you use an iPhone (one of the best for video regardless of the model in my view) position it so the lens is at the bottom, allows you to get lower and closer to track level which just improves the realism. Keep going to!

Rich

Hi Tom,

Great to hear from you again and thanks for your kind comments. I'm looking forward to our next expedition too, they're always such good craic. Colm told me about Bleach Green. Shame in a way, but at least it seems to have gone to a good home.

Maybe see you in Glasgow?

Cheers for now,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'll be in Glasgow with some of my local Club members on the Saturday (one day only this year sadly!!)  Let me know when you're there and, if Saturday, we might meet for a quick catch-up.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Dave

What a great line up of class 47's... Large Loco in BR Blue is one of my favourites to, mainly because I could shout the number out from 4 miles away to my dad and could still carry on dipping my toast in flask of soup, the good old days hey kid... hope your keeping ok bud...!

Regards

Jamie

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great achievement there, Dave, and justly gained as your many followers will agree - this and Peterborough North are without a doubt my favourite diesel and steam offerings on here, and as I had only one vote, it went to you this year, as Gilbert got it last year.

My bank details will be supplied in request for your remittance.  However, I can't let you have them yet  as I have just lent them to a guy from Nigeria who has £8m to split with me, and I have to participate, as I wish to buy a layout as good as WW without the work.

Cheers

Stewart

Great achievement there, Dave, and justly gained as your many followers will agree - this and Peterborough North are without a doubt my favourite diesel and steam offerings on here, and as I had only one vote, it went to you this year, as Gilbert got it last year.

My bank details will be supplied in request for your remittance.  However, I can't let you have them yet  as I have just lent them to a guy from Nigeria who has £8m to split with me, and I have to participate, as I wish to buy a layout as good as WW without the work.

Cheers

Stewart

Thanks Stewart. That's very kind.

I wonder whether it's the same guy from Nigeria who has promised to help me buy three rakes of Bachmann's Mk 2f's, plus several DBSOs, when they eventually come out. All he wanted in return was my bank details so that he could transfer some money to an elderly relative who desparately needed it apparently. He sounds like a very nice man.