Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

great photo's your farmer needs a newer LR Defender though. 

You're right Ralph. I've been looking for a more up to date hard top version for a while now. The current one will do for now though. Could do with a bit more battering I think maybe.

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

You're right Ralph. I've been looking for a more up to date hard top version for a while now. The current one will do for now though. Could do with a bit more battering I think maybe.

Cheers,

Dave

Since when did farmers waste their money on new landys Dave? I think it's got another 10 years of useful life yet mate. You do need to make it look its age though with a real over the top weathering job. Nice little project for a winters evening.

Cheers,

Dave

for a defender hardtop in 1/76 Oxford diecast do a plain green 110 hardtop [see picture] also in yellow BT & British Rail liveries & 110 station wagons in red [fire & royal mail] & white [Eire Garda] & plain dark green, Cararama do station wagons in various colours [1/72] & Shuco do 90's in red & blue [1/72] I have these in my collection if you need to see photo's.

post-18937-0-29101700-1378546523.jpg

Since when did farmers waste their money on new landys Dave? I think it's got another 10 years of useful life yet mate. You do need to make it look its age though with a real over the top weathering job. Nice little project for a winters evening.

lots of farmers have much newer Jap trucks these days, 

great photo's your farmer needs a newer LR Defender though.

Land rover's go on pretty much for ever as basically everything can be replaced on the older models.

A more recent model is probably more appropriate but farmers in Essex where I grew up did tend to hang onto them for a long time during the 70s and 80s specially the smaller farms.

Love that new countryside section. Lots of small detail such as the gates and styles, which look superb. Shouldn't worry about the Landrover too much. My mate who's a farmer had one until recently with the registration VRY 996, so you can tell how old that was.

Also love the viaduct with the road and river underneath. Any chance of a photo with a train on it.

Incidently how big is the layout altogether, I'm guessing its quite large now with being able to transist from Waverley into the countryside.

Lovely modelling Dave.

Marcus.

Thanks for the feedback and the input re. the Land Rover guys. 

The layout and most of its stock are based around the period 1978-1994'ish, with the emphasis on the mid-80s. Based on that and assuming that a "typical" farmer would have a battered 10-year old LR, I reckon I would need one built in 1975. A little googling suggests that a series III would fit the bill

http://carpictures.us/1975-land-rover-series-iii/

which would be a bit newer than the one I've got, but I don't know of anyone who does one? Can anyone help?

As various posters have said above, it's not a priority though as there's no reason why the one I've got couldn't have made it through into the 90s. A bit of weathering on it though is in order sometime I think.

Cheers,
Dave

Love that new countryside section. Lots of small detail such as the gates and styles, which look superb. Shouldn't worry about the Landrover too much. My mate who's a farmer had one until recently with the registration VRY 996, so you can tell how old that was.

Also love the viaduct with the road and river underneath. Any chance of a photo with a train on it.

Incidently how big is the layout altogether, I'm guessing its quite large now with being able to transist from Waverley into the countryside.

Lovely modelling Dave.

Marcus.

Thanks Marcus. I thought I post some pics of trains in the "new" country section when I've done the backscene, which is on order from International Models. Hope to get it this week.

The reg. of my LR is ASD 333, so a similar type of reg. to your farmer mate, Marcus. I don't know how to date reg nos that old. Can anyone help? It looks like a series I to me (?), which would date it pre-1958 I guess. Clearly it shouldn't be in such good nick then. 

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Marcus. I thought I post some pics of trains in the "new" country section when I've done the backscene, which is on order from International Models. Hope to get it this week.

The reg. of my LR is ASD 333, so a similar type of reg. to your farmer mate, Marcus. I don't know how to date reg nos that old. Can anyone help? It looks like a series I to me (?), which would date it pre-1958 I guess. Clearly it shouldn't be in such good nick then. 

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

Look forward to seeing those trains in the landscape.

Regarding the Landrover, Airfix do a 1:76 scale series three Landrover. Obviously it will just require painting in a more civilian colour scheme. Link below:

https://www.airfix.com/shop/military-vehicles/a02322-lwb-land-rover-and-trailer-soft-top-176/

Regards

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

yet again, great pics dave - esp. 37418, that could easily be the real thing!

there's also something special in the strong light/shade you get in those station close-ups - the power of real daylight!

good luck with the new board

Hi Dave,

Nice to see those latest pics, its the little details you get right that brings each scene to life. The 47 looks brilliant in those shots and the brutes at the platform end are very nice. Thanks for sharing them. I'm looking forward to seeing your RES machine, I now have mine and very pleased with it. Even comes with the etched Braille nameplates too.

Hope the new depot goes to plan, will be nice to see what appears on shed when its done.

All the best

Mark

(Will you make it up to Ayr this weekend, if you do will see you there)

Edited by MRDBLUE17