Maybe this is a new way to weather your sceneary

joking aside hope you manage to clear everything up ok

Yes the water was very 'realistic'. All now cleared up as you can see, ready for station construction.

I've been commuting to/from London a lot recently - hence the lack of updates, however it does give me chance to view a good number of stations along the way for ideas....

Cheers

Phil

Morning all.

A few pictures of last nights 3D planning - yes I know - me planning - all very strange.

So we have the station well populated with freight (i.e. before):

post-10336-0-91732100-1330247482_thumb.jpg

Then my ideas for the raised station area (using wagon / cat food boxes for the buildings to be and cardboard for the roads).

So there will be a slightly curved road, a set of fairly low level buildings for the station and a parking area/ bus pull in outside. There are then steps down to two of the platforms from the station - not sure of the precise details as these may be half hidden under the raised area. (obvioulsy I also need a lift for disabled access).

The far platform I fancy making into a mail area, with a lift and enclosed bridge going across to a low relief sorting centre. The current parking area will be accessed via a vehicle access tunnel where the current greenery is.

post-10336-0-63062600-1330247490_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-22779200-1330247664_thumb.jpg

All I now have to do is turn it into reality....

Phil

• Like 5

Phil, I like the new developments, are you familiar with Bristol Temple Meads station? The Royal Mail depot next door used to have a connection to all of the platforms there. The structures are still in place and can be viewd on Bing maps if you need more ideas...

As for the 5 car voyager, why not get a 220 (4 car version) that will save you having to put wires up for the 350! If you do put wires up you'll end up getting a 92, 90, 86 etc .... You know you will! :lol:

• Like 1

Phil, I like the new developments, are you familiar with Bristol Temple Meads station? The Royal Mail depot next door used to have a connection to all of the platforms there. The structures are still in place and can be viewd on Bing maps if you need more ideas...

Yes that's the idea - also as seen on Pendennis...

post-10336-0-92197600-1330346656_thumb.jpg

I also thought that it looked easy to model - a grey box, then a lift.

As for the 5 car voyager, why not get a 220 (4 car version) that will save you having to put wires up for the 350! If you do put wires up you'll end up getting a 92, 90, 86 etc .... You know you will! :lol:

I was thinking of installing a 3rd rail for it. I break enough things at the best of time and can just imagine myself (or the cats) getting tangled up in the wires.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2

A bit more progress tonight - creation of the station level and roads....

First a big bit of wood

post-10336-0-02641400-1330901278_thumb.jpg

trimmed to shape

post-10336-0-37562600-1330901270_thumb.jpg

paint on where the road is going to be

post-10336-0-38922000-1330901260_thumb.jpg

and now all painted for the tarmac.

post-10336-0-77589800-1330901253_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-86848600-1330901243_thumb.jpg

A few more supports needed for the bridge plus some walls. I'm going to make it removable in the event of a de-railment.

Time now for some buildings and the enclosed bridge over to the mail sorting depot.

Phil

• Like 2

I'm liking the look of the new corner Phil.

Thanks - no more progress yes - too much time driving about for work at the moment, although this gives me plenty of time for ideas - some of them good.

Anyway good news Arriva have heard about the new facilities under construction, so have started a service from Cardiff Central - re-purposed from the cancelled Redbrook service.

post-10336-0-91534200-1331159096_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-83564400-1331159106_thumb.jpg

And you never know what other services might turn after a trip to the Basingstoke show with the boys on Saturday....

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 6

The layout seems to be progressing nicely - the changes have had a very positive impact I think.

and I did wonder how buses would turn the 90 degree corner

I believe this is where the steering wheel comes in handy...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where the last two weeks have gone, and the only progress I have to show is the arrival of "Sir Rowland Hill" to begin the RES service.

post-10336-0-98793000-1332286459_thumb.jpg

Other passenger stock has also arrived at the station, being pulled by a Grid, well what else would you expect at Beresford Junction.

post-10336-0-57425100-1332286482_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-16964600-1332286471_thumb.jpg

On the planning front, I have been doing some research on covered footbridges:

post-10336-0-23110900-1332286791_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-18997100-1332286802_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-24364900-1332286813_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, back in the present day, Arriva has allocated another 150 to the Beresford Junction - Cardiff Central service (pics to follow).

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Good to see Sir Rowland has arrived, looks at home already.. Nice to see a 56 on a Railtour too!

Arriva seem to have made the right decision by taking on the Beresford junction service rather than Redbrook. Although they are providing a cross country service... Will that reach Beresford too??

Cheers

Scott

Arriva seem to have made the right decision by taking on the Beresford junction service rather than Redbrook. Although they are providing a cross country service... Will that reach Beresford too??

I suspect it will one of these days, although not sure all five coaches will fit into the station, four maybe.

The original Arriva 150 had to be taken out of service for the weekend to be packed back into it's box, wrapped up then opened as a 'surprise' birthday present, hence it's current replacement by the 56 and InterCity stock.

Cheers

Phil

Whats next after the RM depot, a DMU stabling point???

I need another central 150 me thinks...

Knowing the speed you work Phil I expect to see the mail being sorted by monday AM...

Have a good weekend

Yes a couple of the Central 150's for Redbrook sounds right.

The work printer is currently working on the Scalescenes Footbridge which is going to be the basis for the bridge.

• Like 1

Phil

I like the grass / weeds between the tracks in your last picture. Could you tell me exactly what you used as I can't seem to get it quite right on First Avenue. It always seems to go too flat.

Dave

Phil

I like the grass / weeds between the tracks in your last picture. Could you tell me exactly what you used as I can't seem to get it quite right on First Avenue. It always seems to go too flat.

Dave

Hi Dave

For the weeds between the tracks, I used Woodland Scenics

A bit of PVA, then first a bit of 'Blended Turf' - greeen blend - like dust.

then the larger 'Course Turf' - light green - a bit more springy.

See post 303: http://www.rmweb.co....post__p__439187

And First Avenue is looking good.

Cheers

Phil