Modelzone Limited Editions

darren chpamn

Just received an e-mail from Modelzone and apparently a few leftovers from Ltd Editions have come back into stock at proper retail price.

Just bagged an RTC Test Car 6, no way was i paying Ebay extortionists for that one, well pleased!

Thanks for the info. Just bagged one myself.

Signal Box also taking orders, compared to sold out a few weeks back

https://www.thesignalbox.co.uk/index_new.php?pg=3&p_cat_id=43&prod_id=15421

Mike Wiltshire

Just received an e-mail from Modelzone and apparently a few leftovers from Ltd Editions have come back into stock at proper retail price.

Just bagged an RTC Test Car 6, no way was i paying Ebay extortionists for that one, well pleased!

Not sure they are 'leftovers' as I don't think they have been released yet. I read it that they have increased the batch number therefore making them available to pre-order again. Doesn't mention how big the limited edition batch is now or when they are expected however.

• RMweb Premium

Not surprisingly that didn't last long, now showing as out of stock online again so it would appear my quick reactions were well timed! I just hope they were snapped up by genuine buyers who want one to run and use and not the Ebay Carpetbaggers.

• RMweb Premium

ModelZone is probably more widely known than the Signal Box I suppose (after all that is where the email links go to) so it does sometimes pay to check them as well as they will most likely slow out more slowly. The Mk2 Brake Force runners still seem to be available on both sites at this time suprisingly,

After initially being told there were none left on further enquiry I was also able to order a Test Car 6. I was told a batch had arrived unexpectedly (?) late on Thursday night.

^^ ha ha have you checked out the guy selling the brake force runners? stating "i am not a trader" yer right, and " no returns, am braking up a large collection..." whose collection?? modelzones??

nothing like ripping other folk off of their hard earned cash! What an idiot! Nothing like making a profit off people!

^^ ha ha have you checked out the guy selling the brake force runners? stating "i am not a trader" yer right, and " no returns, am braking up a large collection..." whose collection?? modelzones??

Hi Dan

I dont think they are brake force runners. I think they are an earlier (2-3 years ago?) limited edition RTC release.

Guy

Gets me how he can expect people to pay out the price they want for them! Like this guy!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bachmann-Modelzone-RTC-MK2-Test-car-6-Coach-limited-Edition-39-330Z-00-/300760992605?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4606c08b5d

I wonder if he will sell any at that price!!!

FAO Great Western

It has been mentioned before that people like this should be stopped! I am not the only one that thinks that they are rip off merchants that like to cash in on this!!

Has anyone got a picture of the compartment side of the modelzone test car 6. All their own pictures show the corridor side and I wondered how the windows that have been plated over or replaced by louvres have been reproduced.

Is this Test Car 6 before the wasp strips were painted on the ends?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsimages/6681411549/sizes/l/in/faves-48252636@N07/

Gets me how he can expect people to pay out the price they want for them! Like this guy!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4606c08b5d

I wonder if he will sell any at that price!!!

FAO Great Western

It has been mentioned before that people like this should be stopped! I am not the only one that thinks that they are rip off merchants that like to cash in on this!!

I dont to drag this off topic, but why should they be stopped ? If someone has the cash to buy the maximum of three, and then someone else wants to pay twice or even three times the retail price then thats their look out?

There are so many ways round any 'one per customer' rules modelzone or indeed anyother shop impose, this bloke has already sold one at £80 with one left to go. So there must be a market out there for after intial sales.

I say fair play to this chap, where in a recession and this chap is making some money. I assume he will reinvest this money in new models or other bits thus helping get the country back on its feet. :)

Great Western.

• RMweb Premium

If they buy one then later decide to sell it on then all is fair and well, it is the bulk buying Ebay Carpetbaggers that are the cause of the problem, by doing this simply for the motivation of profit and greed deprives some genuine modellers of acquiring them at the proper retail price.

Admittedly this is not on the scale of that utter bottom orifice who bought up arm fulls of that Limited Edition Scotrail 158 at an exhibition once leaving many who wanted one going home empty handed whilst he filtered his booty onto Ebay at a 100% mark up.

Archived