Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Dave

Thanks for the reply, I can't wait to get hold of one to build, they look real quality. Is it normal to get so excited over the release of a new product I ask myself? wink.gif

BTW

Any thoughts on doing something similar for the BR standard tenders...given your predilection for these (whispers...same as me!).

Look forward to seeing the news that they are available

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike and Craig, thanks for your vote of confidence, I think it's quite normal to get excited about a new product just look at all those folk who waited for the Stove R, well maybe that's a bad example......

I'm just making sure that the chassis are as right as I can make them, an hour ago I got the final test etches in the post and..... they are over etched :angry: so they are doing them again....

As far as future chassis are concerned I've been working on a number of tenders and as you already know my interests that might give you a hint.

Regards,

Dave F.

www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Is it normal to get so excited over the release of a new product I ask myself? wink.gif

Mike,

Provided you still get excited by other things like Beer* / Women* / Motorbikes* / Rugby* / Football* / Cricket* (underline as applicable) then you're OK. :D

Dave,

The water scoop looks excellent. I'm too looking forward to aquiring a few of these chassis kits. Also very interested to see what is next on the list. I have now aquired a DJH Britannia for the wheels so a sprung chassis to tie it all together would bring me to Mike's level of arousal.....not sure that was an appropriate word....:blink:

Cheers....Morgan

Morgan:

After reading that last sentence of yours, I'm sure there are many people out there who'll be looking at you in a very different light....:lol:

ROTFL....Hmmm....yeah......well.....perhaps best to turn the light off. On second thoughts......

Reading it again I seems I might have kept just the wheels and melted the Brit down to add some weight to an old Princess. ;)

What I should have said is that I obtained the DJH Britannia to accompany the promise of proper wheels from Ultrascale. Now just need some decent undercarriage......DAMN!

Hi all, Just some pictures for you to salivate over, the cast Waterscoops have come out well but I'll need to adjust their position in the mould as a sharp edge is damaging the rubber mould on removal. Hey Ho!

post-10324-0-28607200-1300735890_thumb.jpg

And the front end detail.

post-10324-0-80412500-1300735962_thumb.jpg

Now wipe yer chins.... ;)

DaveF.

Hi all, Just some pictures for you to salivate over, the cast Waterscoops have come out well but I'll need to adjust their position in the mould as a sharp edge is damaging the rubber mould on removal. Hey Ho!

DaveF.

They look fantastic......looking forward to placing my order for the Barrow Road Jubilees etc.

Keep up the good work Dave

Robin

Just like to add, I ordered some buffers in the early hours of Monday morning using the website and the postie dropped them through the letterbox this Tuesday morning. An excellent service on a excellent product, which fills a well needed gap, cheers Davesmile.gif

Dave do you have any plans to do the various types of Oleo buffers and ones for the BR CCT.

Cheers

Trevor.

Hi all, Just some pictures for you to salivate over, the cast Waterscoops have come out well but I'll need to adjust their position in the mould as a sharp edge is damaging the rubber mould on removal. Hey Ho!....

Oddly enough, Masokits have an etch kit for a waterscoop assembly. The scoop is hollow! Hmmm....4mm scale water troughs with real water in them? :P

• 2 weeks later...

So people, as from Monday you will be able to purchase the Fowler and Stanier chassis kits from our website www.lanarkshiremodels.com

For Morgan especially, perhaps a cold water bottle in the underwear department.....

See some of you at Scalefour North on Sunday . I'll have some samples with me for you to ogle at. Sorry only available for EM/P4 gauge.

Dave Frk.

ame='davefrk' timestamp='1300736157' post='359871']

DaveF.

Just like to add, I ordered some buffers in the early hours of Monday morning using the website and the postie dropped them through the letterbox this Tuesday morning. An excellent service on a excellent product, which fills a well needed gap, cheers Davesmile.gif

Dave do you have any plans to do the various types of Oleo buffers and ones for the BR CCT.

Cheers

Trevor.

Hi Trevor, thanks for the encouragement, some say - I don't need any encouragement....

And yes I will be doing some Dowty's and Oleo's, I'll announce on this place when they are ready.

I'll have a look at the BR CCT's as well

.Regards,

Dave Frk

Okay people, the Tender Chassis have sold very well and I'm down to the last one of each, new stock is on order to arrive in 2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Regards,

Dave Frk.

Mine arrived this morning and, at first glance, it looks most impressive. Nifty little box, thorough instructions, and very complete - how often does one get a drill bit of the required size included in a kit!

I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to this.

Keep up the good work.

Okay people, the Tender Chassis have sold very well and I'm down to the last one of each, new stock is on order to arrive in 2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Regards,

Dave Frk.

Good to meet you at S4N at the weekend Dave and for the personal delivery of my 5 of each - what great service. I look forward to having a go building one - probably the Fowler chassis - in the next few days.

After a great weekend at the show I'm back to decorating as a penance especially as I'm also away at the RMweb Taunton bash at Taunton this weekend with Barrow Road. I shall have the kits with me if anyone wants to examine them in the flesh!

Robin

Dave

Mine arrived this morning, very, very impressive. Really looking forward to building it, need one for the Patriot, so I'll be in touch next month...after the money god has visited!

kindest regards

Mike

Hi Dave,

Mine arrived swiftly - many thanks. I have started one of them (photos will appear sometime after the Easter/Wedding malarky), and it fell together to get a rolling chassis. I recall a comment regarding the centre of gravity not expected to be in the middle for most tenders, and so the CSB anchors have been moved accordingly, but I didnt see in the instructions where the desired 100g should be centred around (for a Fowler type).

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, sorry for the lateness of the reply, yes the chassis were talked about on, IIRC, Scaleforum I suggested that some tenders were front heavy so I adjusted the suspension design very slightly so the front end didn't droop if one replaced the coal load with real or other coal. As far as weighting is concerned just keep the ballast as near to centre axle as possible but if replacing the coal load bare this in mind also. You can be a little way off it won't make a noticeable difference. I've tried balancing the tenders by putting an 3mm packer under the centre axle and judging how the tender rocks from back to front, I would try to make it just drop lightly to the front. I tried ballast in slightly different positions and there was no noticeable difference in the running qualities on my EM layout even with four tenders coupled together, they just glided......

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Archived