DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Cheers mate thanks for the good feedback too, its good to get some constructive thoughts that i can work from.

Finally got the fence at the front refitted, just some signs to go on it and a little cameo of some sort to go in the car park, not sure what yet so im open to suggestions.

also some vents to be painted and fitted to the depot and the factory this week.

All that will be left is to make sure the joints go together nice and easy and getting the running perfected ready for its first outting at Mansfield in March, really looking forward to it.

I wish I was in such a comfy position. Ive got an incredible amount to get done before mansfield. On a more positive note I found some old baseboards I made and never did anything with in the loft earier which I reckon I could use as the base for the fiddle yard traverser. Excellent.

Cav

looking forward to it andy, bring plenty of stock im sure we can fill deeping up with it ha ha

i know what y mean Cav, im trying to hold myself back from going full steam into a new project.

quick question for anyone, whats the best way of making a high viz vest??

random ....definatly, there is method behind the madness, i want to give some detail to the shark brake van and thought a hi viz drapped over the side would look cool.

• RMweb Premium

High vis vests are available in OO scale in the form of transfers. They are intended for the cab interiors of model trucks and vans. You could always cut carefully around them and glue them on backing paper and all.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Philjw, thanks for the help, do you recall who does such a transfer?? this maybe the answer rather than hijacking a hi viz from work

I have checked the ones that I have, unfortunately they do not have a manufacturers name. I am pretty certain that I obtained them at a model bus exhibition and I have seen them advertised in model bus publications.

I wouldnt use an offcut of a real one the weave will be 76 times to big. Something smooth would be better probably a bit of orange sainsburys bag or similar (the sainsburys ones are quite thin so worth a look) with some silver lines on. You can also stretch them to reproduce creases etc.

Cav

Thanks Cav, i never thought about using something like that, i may have to experiment over the weekend.

looking forward to DEMU next year too, should be fun on Outon.

Thanks Phil, to be honest that is an option i have been looking at today, its something im also going to try and ill probably post a couple of options to see what the reaction is.

Thanks again

Hi all

well not much activitie going on in deeping at the moment, the most work i have done in the past week is fit some air vents to the factory and the depot building, these are from unit models who have some great little detail bits. And i couldnt resist a shot of the shark sat at the end of the head shunt.

post-6696-0-37035000-1323553568.jpg

post-6696-0-44270700-1323553570.jpg

post-6696-0-25634600-1323553566.jpg

Cheers

• Like 1

i finally got a plan together to do the hi vis vest on the shark, i decided to give it a go on paper, i firstly measured up a Bachmann track worker for size then drew out a square on a piece of paper, i then coloured the square in with an orange marker, i then drew with a black pen the shape of the vest , then i took the other halfs silver pen that had been brought for writing christmas cards and drew in the reflective lines on the vest, once cut out, i screw it up a couple of times then folded to give the impression it had been slung onto the side of the shark, i then dabbed a litle super glue in place to hold it down.

its not to bad for a first attempt at something this intricate so im happy.

post-6696-0-21289000-1323555764.jpg

post-6696-0-97628500-1323555765.jpg

cheers

• Like 8