DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

might have to sneak something other than diesel powered on when you're back's turned at Mansfield - I think the Duke of Gloucester should make a visit for water .........

I think the staff at deeping can accomodate a steamy visitor, would be the first ever to visit too, ill have to have camera handy :)

Would be cool to see it fly through Outon after taking water too.

Thanks for the offer Martin thats very kind of you cheers

Hi Class 66, thank you for the really kind comments, i know i keep repeating myself but im really happy with what iv achieved with Deeping lane and cant wait to get it out on the road.

Cheers

Thanks class 66, Well i hope your project brings you as much joy as mine has and i will keep a look out for it and pop and say hello, and hopefully you will get to see Deeping Lane at some point.

Hi all, well not much to report on deeping lane, all is quiet until preparations begin for Mansfield.So just a couple of play shots from messing around with the image editor on RM.

post-6696-0-59689400-1327102334.jpg

post-6696-0-02868800-1327102337.jpg

post-6696-0-04747700-1327102340.jpg

I am hoping to be getting my hands on a railfreight 37 in the not to distant future and hopefully another class 20.

Cheers for now.

Ah yes xr3i with pepper pot alloys.

Seen alot of race spec fords on minilites!

Im studying Deeping as im straying back towards my 00 gauge project polkyth. Getting a few ideas from your engine shed interior, l

Need to pop to model shop soon!

Jack.

• Like 1

Thanks Jack, im glad that the layout has given you ideas, i would also look at Mudmagnets Orchard road, he has got some great detail inside his shed, some of which has found its way onto Deeping Lane, its also featured in this months Hornby mag.

• Like 1

Thanks james, i think that 09 has become the resident shunter for Deeping, it seems to get run more than any other loco.

Cheers Cav, im not to keen on the image play around, i think the layout looks better oh natural haha, and yeah i think it is screaming graffiti me on that wall, i may have to get my spray cans out and do a little on it this weekend :)

Hi all, with the ever decreasing things to finish on Deeping Lane i turned my thoughts to what do i do next.

I wanted to keep my eye in so to speak with learning more skills and i have come up with a small plan and the idea of building my own track on a small board, enough to be able to shunt 08's and a few wagons.

There will be a separate thread for this project but i thought i would have ago at improving the RTR peco track i have lying about after reading the article in the forum modelling inspiration #1 mag, i followed the process to the best i could with the bits i had, obviously the full finished layout will be a little better.

the pics are not great but i think you can get the idea of what im trying to do. but more than anything im looking for your thoughts and comments.

post-6696-0-39718200-1327340255.jpg

post-6696-0-29936900-1327340257.jpg

post-6696-0-09759800-1327340259.jpg

Cheers

Hi Jack, just to run what ever stock i have, although i will keep the details and buildings so that a multitude of eras can fit and no, i cant resist the gronks, there becoming an obsession :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not much of any update just a few shots iv taken seeing as its snowing and cold outside

just a few shots of 37709 on a very short ballast working into deeping lane.

Really looking forward to getting the layout out at the Mansfield show on March 3/4th, please come and say hello and have a chat.

post-6696-0-00957300-1328445310.jpg

post-6696-0-26174100-1328445312.jpg

post-6696-0-73693400-1328445314.jpg

post-6696-0-03757400-1328445317.jpg

Cheers

Neil

P.S there will be a new thread going up soon with my new small project, it maybe be called Gronkly Road or some referance to 08s :)

• Like 4