• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Prompted by a heads-up on the N Gauge Forum last Sunday:

post-6883-0-90142200-1533373905_thumb.jpg

Arrived today, ordered from:

https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/5542/source/specoffweb

With the introduction comment:

If you enjoy this publication, but your favourite articles or types of traffic haven't been included, don't panic, as we hope to produce more volumes if there is sufficient demand.

Regards, Gerry.

Though rather surprised that some of the Deltic TOPS era air con formations (Pages 98/99) include Mk2e;s.

Surely this really should really mean Mk2f's as only Mk2d and Mk2f coaching stock was allocated to the ECML during the Deltic era.

(Mk2e and LMR allocated Mk2d FO, FK and BFK coaches 'may not be heated by Class 55 locomotives'.)

Though I would have thought most of the quoted TOPS era formations from circa 1973/74 through to the advent of the full HST timetable in May 1979 would have included a mix of Mk2d and Mk2f stock.

Noting that (I believe) the 'Executive' (Deltic + 8) sets were meant to include Mk 2f FO's.

Maybe with the odd Mk2a or Mk2b (FK) as a substitution or Friday strengthener.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good magazine, I've always like this when it was in rail express magazine, more of mixed speedlink rather than block load would be good, the MGR is a bit pointless when it's 32 of same wagon.

Agreed, there's a lot of useful info and photos, but I think they could at least update the text. Under RHTT's it advises there is no decent 67 as Hornby only do the old Lima model, and for 47's Vitrains models are available! I know these are reprints but surely they can be updated to reflect 2018?

Overall very good and I'd buy any further issues as there was lots of formations that are useful in it. I'd like the West Highland Passenger trains in the next issue as the relevant back issue is sold out :(

Good magazine, I've always like this when it was in rail express magazine, more of mixed speedlink rather than block load would be good, the MGR is a bit pointless when it's 32 of same wagon.

MGRs are as historic now as any other train is/was

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, D1056WesternSultan said:

Does anyone have a copy of the guide on China Clay train formations?  It was in Supplement No 5 in September 2004.

I really enjoyed the current handbook, kind of hoping there will be a follow-up to the current handbook, with the China clay and timber features redone (amongst others).

Archived