The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Ok, well how about beautiful cars?

Sailor Charon

I have always liked the lines of the Ferrari 308GTB - not only beautiful, but balanced. A lot of cars have good angles and bad angles to view them from, but I don't think the 308 has a bad one.

Also, this isn't bad:

post-206-0-53581200-1302104995_thumb.jpg

It is a Squire.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of being blasted round in this thing for an hour - photos do not do it justice, it's a corker from any angle in my opinion.

I don't mean my Southern Water van by the way....

post-6683-0-29286600-1302106808_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-08882200-1302106828_thumb.jpg

For me in terms of an everyday cars i would plump for the outgoing Vauxhall Astra. Modern and edgy yet somehow gracious and refined. And also the Audi A3 for the same reasons.

Otherwise i'd have to say the Jag XKR or any of the modern Aston DBs (except perhaps the rapide). Also and i know it got flagged up in the first thread but i do like the look of Porsche Panammera, why though i dont know!

The Lancia Stratos or the 037 wins in my book too.

Oh and sticking my neck out again the humble Mazda MX-5 (current Mk).

For me the new ford focus is a clear example of how they had a brilliant cordon bleu meal and then went and sneezed on it. I've had one for a week as my C-MAX is in (the warning lights thought they were xmas tree lights) and quite frankly its awful, but it will still sell well cause its a ford focus. Shame cause i loved the previous focuses and thought the mk2 was the best ford by a long way (oh hang on what about the mondeo.....).

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Best looking car ever?

1969 Dodge Charger.

The end!

Ok maybe im biased as i have one, but still..................................................

Hemi heads? Presumably not one of the really big engines? Didn't they do a 396 or 440? Turn it off at the pumps or you'll never fill it!

I think the TVR Griffith has to be up there, driving one on a track day was one of the best things I've ever done.

The Tuscan (I drove one of those that day as well) is quite nice too, as well as the Sagaris.

Nothing quite like a 4 (or in some cases 5) litre V8 in a fibreglass car!

The guy from the track reckoned it was the fastest thing round the track, despite them also running millions of pounds of supercars like Ferrari's, Aston's and Lambo's.

Mike

My MX5 Mk1 is a real beauty, and the car MG should have made instead of the dreadful F type.. Nearest thing to my previously beloved Lotus Elan, but it does go for more than 300 miles before needing a re-tune!

So many cars come to mind, sorry. I really love the styling of the recent Rover 75, preferably the moody twin headlight face. I can see the spirit of the Rover 3.5 coupe lurking in it, very stylish design - both of them. I owned a Volvo 850 Estate which I thought a lovely shape - other 850s coming my way still turned my head. Others from my childhood, eg; GT40 (lovely looker), DB5, Volvo P1800, Ferrari 500 Superfast, Silver Shadow, various Mercs from the sixties, e type, and as a kid I thought the Mk10 was just amazing, it seemed almost as wide as it was long! I last saw one (actually a 420G) about eight years ago and I still stopped to stare. Oh, and yes, the 1964 Mustang - a case of original and best, a style they never bettered, I feel.

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

For the lottery winners among you, here is a selection from Ferrari's current catalogue. In order, I think they are a California, 599GTO, another California and a 458 Italia. The latter is the best looking V8 model they've produced in years, being much prettier than the F355/360/430 brutes.

post-4295-0-47675200-1302768571_thumb.jpg

VW karmann ghia, seat leon mk1 cupra r 225 and Aerial atom, last one coz to have minimal bodywork means a lot of design has to go into getting the car looking good which they achieved

Best looking car ever?

1969 Dodge Charger.

The end!

Ok maybe im biased as i have one, but still..................................................

You're getting close.....

Carlisle_2008_Building_T.jpg

We had one of these. I learned to drive in it. The Sport Fury had the blackout grill, and the bulges on the hood like a Roadrunner. It looks like a shark. And it came with the Roadrunner 383 (that's 6.3 l) It was a heavy mother, which kept the tires from spinning. Just floor it and go. Plus, since it spent it's early life as a grocery-getter, it wasn't all thrashed like most of the Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers the other guys could afford. And the bench seat was just made for the drive-in movies. No armrest or console in the way.....Ahhh

'Tis a shame that so many think in terms of exotic when beautiful cars are mentioned rather than looking for style in the more everyday vehicle and I cannot help but think that many of the cars put forward as being 'beautiful' are rather gauche with power and expense as standard rather than poise and class.

A case of Mondeo man wanting to be thought of as Aston man?

DesA

Mazda Mx5 mk2. Definately biased as we've got one of these, but such a lovely car, practical boot, looks to die for, and on a lovely day such a great drive with the top down.

Just don't try and drive it in the snow up a hill.

Regards

Richard.

'Tis a shame that so many think in terms of exotic when beautiful cars are mentioned rather than looking for style in the more everyday vehicle and I cannot help but think that many of the cars put forward as being 'beautiful' are rather gauche with power and expense as standard rather than poise and class.

A case of Mondeo man wanting to be thought of as Aston man?

DesA

I can't speak for everybody else (or indeed, anybody else) but I don't drive, don't own a car, and really have no desire to own one. [A motorbike, maybe, but not a car] All I'm interested in is looks. That's why I started this thread.

Went to the 'Bristol' classic car show today down at Shepton Mallet, some very nice machinery on display and in the 'classic only' car park.... some exotic, some everyday..... but all loved and more importantly being used ;)

post-7638-0-46173700-1303064314_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-94802800-1303064403_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-54011300-1303064483_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-12998200-1303064699_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-52150300-1303064786_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-02146900-1303064894_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-32214800-1303064978_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-66741200-1303065054_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-17598700-1303065134_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-76416200-1303065207_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-18458500-1303065294_thumb.jpg

The Alfa 2600 above was for sale.... at £22.5k... :O