The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Ok, well how about beautiful cars?

Sailor Charon

The NSU Ro80 (1967-77)

Way ahead of its time. All big Audis take their styling cues from this one.

I owned one for four years, so I'm biased, but....

The Fisker Latigo CS

Basically this is what BMW should have built when it brought back the 6-Series in 2003. But it didn't. So Fisker built 150 of these very acceptable bodyshapes on the floorpan and mechanicals of the E63. Should have built more, really.....:P

• RMweb Premium

Only two cars occur to me as truly beautiful. One I have the pleasure of seeing on a daily basis, the Lotus Esprit, Turbo, Series 3.

post-1656-0-67996800-1302015367_thumb.jpg

The other is the D-type Jaguar. I prefer its curves to the E-type, which I will also accept is a beautiful car.

But the D-type haunts my dreams still. The whole car is breathtakingly beautiful. The curves of the wheel arches, the subtle contours leading up to the fin. Just stunning. Especially the Le Mans '55 one.

Americans can usually be relied on to design cars that only appeal to other Americans. Occasionally they come out with a real jem though. Saleen S7. Among the more mundane the Citroen Traction Avant and the DS. Maybe not beautiful, but certainly elegant, the BMW 5 series E28, after this I think they lost their way with design. And of course this list cannot go without my favourite and my car

myturbo.jpg

With another lovely car just beyond, a 900 classic.

Archived