Moving functions on XL

bagpipes331

I have managed to find the time to install my Loksound XL in to my Heljan 0 gauge 33. It was far easier than expected. (Howes were very helpful and emailed the fitting instructions)

The problem I have is that the fan, Aux 1 is set to F14, but my Lenz LH100 only covers 13 functions. Can anyone please advise how to move Aux 1 from F14 to, say F7, which has a sound assigned which I will not use.

Also, If I am able to move the Aux 1 to F7, will the sound be removed, as the fan is noisy enough without adding the sound of 'flange squeal'!!

Thanks, Rich

• RMweb Gold

You have to send the system to a Lenz agent to do the upgrade. Contact the UK agent (A and H Models) for details. Mine was done by DCC Supplies.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, I will look in to it. What does it cost?

Rich

I think it cost me around £35 plus postage. Here's some more info on the upgrade although mainly US-oriented.

Lenz 3.6 Upgrade

The next upgrade, to 4.0, is now not due till early next year.

Hi Casey,

How do I do this?

Rich

Rich,

Try ringing around all model shops in your area to see if they do the chip upgrade.

Those that do, will do it while you wait, you can have your ST100 Handset upgraded at the same time [usually free of charge, if you are having the base unit upgraded].

This would save you time and money having to send the units off.

This would give you all the functions you will ever need......

Thanks,

I did download the manual, as i couldn't understand the German one sent with the decoder! The problem is, I still just could not figure how to make the changes. (Maybe I should go back to live steam in the garden)

Hoever, I now have the info (in laymans terms!) to make the changes I require, and will hopefuly have a go tonight.

Rich

Can't help with moving F14 but I use the attached chart / intructions I found on the internet, have help me solve a lot of remapping issues. Hope this doesn't infringe anyones copywright.

The above might help with many cases, but not this LokSound.

Loksound's use something over 100 CV values to control what happens on each function key. They are in groups of six, three in the forward direction, three in reverse.

Which Aux inputs are controlled by F14 are set in CV225 (in forward direction) and CV228 (for backwards direction). Aux 1 takes a value of 4.

The sounds controlled by F7 are set in CV185 (forward) and CV188 (backwards). These could take any value from 1 to 16.

The Aux inputs controlled by F7 are set in CV183 and CV186.

So, to make the changes asked by Rich, I would do the following:

1 - read the values in CV225, CV228 (should be the same value), write it down, it should be 4 for AUX-1 output.

2 - read the values in CV185 and CV188 (again should be the same), write it down incase you want to put the sounds back again.

3 - write the value found in step (1) into CV183 and CV186. That will cause the Aux-1 output to run if F7 is pressed.

4 - write the value 0 into CV185 and CV188. That will stop the sound being played by F7.

Thanks very much for your sugestions. The odd thing that is now happening is when I try to re-write the CV values for the AUX settings, I get ERR02 on my screen. However, when I change values on 3, 4, 63 etc, all is ok!!

Any clues ??? unsure.gif

Rich

Hi every one....

Being the typical bloke, I have at last picked up and READ the Loksound manual. blush.gif Page 23 chapter 5.3.2 advises using Page Mode programming. It worked a treat!!

Thanks again for all your sugestions and interest, and I hope my little esclapade has been of use to any other numpties who haven't read their manuals!!

I'm off to play...happy_mini.gif

Rich.

Archived