Blackburn & ELMRS Exhibition September 3/4 2011

newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Lots of baking going on at present!

We always try to keep our exhibitors, traders and members well supplied with home baked cakes and endless tea or coffee.

Our "Club Lounge" was very popular last year, and I'm sure it will be again this year.

It was particularly popular with the local fire brigade, who came to visit us when our toaster set off the smoke alarm!

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Started putting up the road signs this morning.

My daughter and I have put up twenty-one, nineteen before the heavens opened and we got soaked!

Other teams will be out over the weekend, and a total of Seventy-four (or more) should be in place before we open on Saturday 3rd September.

Steve.

We've just received reports of visitors following the signs to the venue quite successfully, but a week early!

We'll have to add some date info. to the signs next year, as the basic ones are undated for annual re-use.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Check out the guide book to see which Exhibition Committee Members should be in AA as well as BELMRS!

If the first A stands for alcoholics, then that's probably me.............. especially getting NB ready over the last few weeks - it's driven me to drink.

Now that it's set up and appears to be working, I'm going to have a large one.

And after that, I'm going to have another large one.

Cheers (in more ways than one)

Mick

• RMweb Premium

NB home after it's first outing in a loooooong time. Thanks to all who came to see it and also those that got roped into an opertaing session.

I hope you also enjoyed the rest of the show - one of the best Blackburn shows I've been privileged to be a part of. Well done Les and the rest of the team.

We had a little bit of fun unloading the barriers - apparently they dislodged on the trailer on the way home and could have decapitated a few small children - or at least that's the story from our driver following behind the trailer........................

Cheers,

Mick

A big thank you to all the traders and exhibitors that took part in our show at weekend. Thanks to you all it ran very smoothly. The only problems seem to be the quality of the catering and the full car park on Saturday. The catering is being addressed already and there will be a new caterer next year.

Another thank you to the Exhibition team and all the club members who helped make the show a memorable one!

The sports hall was cleared by 7:30 and was pepared for the Monday sports session soon after. The barriers were the big logistical problem and took a while to reach their home.

Les

BELMRS Exhibition Manager

One visitor wrote in the comments sectioon of the visitor survey 'The layouts were generally of poor quality'!

Anyone agree?

Les.

I wasn't at the show, but from reading your list of layouts I can see six good quality ones(County Gate..Lowburn Park etc...).

My own rule for judging if a show's been worth visiting is if there's two or more good layouts I liked: and I'm particular about

what constitutes a good layout.

Presumably the person who made that comment has even higher standards than me!

Hope you post some photo's from the weekend.

Mac.

hI Les

Just a few words to say a very big thank you for an excellent show. The 4 of us off Porth Eithin & Glen Gillie really enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness at the show. The accomodation was great as was the hotel staff.

Please convey our thanks to the members of BELMRS especially the ladies for their baking contributions. :pickeat:

Just a quick comment, did the person who made those negative comments in the visitors book remember to take his white stick back home with him!

Peter

Archived