Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

The last wagon looks like one of the MDV that were air-piped in the early 1980s- there seems to be a second pipe on the buffer-beam.

Here's one in 1986 at York. Bit of a snatched shot, but shows the MDW code and I think you can see the air pipe curving round between the loco and the wagon. see the closeup with the yellow lines pointing to them.

MDW B324276

post-6971-0-61458600-1335526082.jpg

post-6971-0-34407000-1335526378.jpg

• Like 2

The last wagon looks like one of the MDV that were air-piped in the early 1980s- there seems to be a second pipe on the buffer-beam.

Photos of the air piped conversions here http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brmdv/e2ffb3fe0

and http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brmdv/e295486a2

Which reminds me I should finish off the MD- collection sometime.

Paul Bartlett

• RMweb Premium

No idea where my set is (may be garage, sitting room or bed room), but mainly Airfix stil running Airfix wheels, all numbered off real ones I have seen so have the correct MCV or MXV brakes.

All in tatty bauxite and correct brake gear

Here's a couple of pictures of my 4 16t Bachmann mineral wagons (taken on the very unrealistic Kitchen table!):

post-7400-0-50994600-1336283768_thumb.jpg

post-7400-0-33505500-1336283851_thumb.jpg

They are weathered using washes of various browns, highlighted with grey, and Tamiya weathering powders.

• Like 3

That Alrewas shot is good for the clear view of the replating, not so much in a different shade of grey but a different texture in the rusting. It has Morton brakes, so will be 15yrs old at most, and if it's had those fabricated axleboxes from new, it might only be about 10 yrs old.

A relative rarity there pictured with E3003 - the cleaner of the two wagons is one that was intended to be 8-shoe vac braked, but turned up being turned out unfitted - you can see the clasp brakes and the big self contained buffers.

Edit - looking again, I think they both are - you can just make out the offset V hanger on the rustier one. Quite a coincidence having two together like that.

Edited by Pennine MC