Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

16t minerals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not seen an ex-LNER Loco Coal wagons with such plain doors before. I wonder what the inscription between the doors says? I recollect seeing an ex-works example in 1969, where someone had gone to great lengths to renew the 'LOCO' lettering on a black panel about midway up the sides; the nearest steam depot had shut five years before..

I've not seen an ex-LNER Loco Coal wagons with such plain doors before. I wonder what the inscription between the doors says? I recollect seeing an ex-works example in 1969, where someone had gone to great lengths to renew the 'LOCO' lettering on a black panel about midway up the sides; the nearest steam depot had shut five years before..

Brian

These have very short hinges and flat (non pressed) doors

E300549K  http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/lnermineral/e1b0896be

E300537 http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/lnermineral/e1d5d5ec

I think the one in the photo above is E300393.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

• RMweb Premium

Also notice the varying heights on the train of iron ore wagons..

• 1 month later...

From the same collection, a bit of inside detail;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31890193@N08/14786561771/in/set-72157615369425444/

Mike.

One thing these images show (and there are some cracking Ladykiller ones earlier in this thread that Michael posted that show some colour and weathering to good effect), is how the 'London Trader' doors are differentiated from the body side. It's one of those things that bug me when I see the RTR versions on layouts.... all the outside detail is there, but the opposite side is a flat wall.

Cheers

Jan

• RMweb Gold

One thing these images show (and there are some cracking Ladykiller ones earlier in this thread that Michael posted that show some colour and weathering to good effect), is how the 'London Trader' doors are differentiated from the body side. It's one of those things that bug me when I see the RTR versions on layouts.... all the outside detail is there, but the opposite side is a flat wall.

Cheers

Jan

That's why my Bachmann ones are the loaded ones, the Airfix version, with all it's attendant grief, is better for empties for this very reason.

Mike.