MRJ 207

I have just picked up MRJ 207 from Wild Swan headquarters it’s on time!

Contents include:

Small Suppliers Forum

Whitchurch Road by Paul Bambrick

Fencehouses by Les Walters

MRJ Portfolio

Locomotives of Dunwich part 3 by Roy Jackson

Aylesbury Town Engine Shed by David Lane

A wall for Wycombe by Tim Peacock

MRJ Portfolio

Letters

Diary

post-186-0-74596400-1305875441_thumb.jpg

Paul Bambrick will be bringing a board of Whitchurch Road along to Railex as he will be doing a demo on painting backscenes, if you look at the photos of Whitchurch Road in this MRJ I think you will agree that how he paints sky is fantastic.

I think the guest editor idea was pulled from have I got news for you, but it is refreshing to see how each editor brings their own style.

David

I presume it's the camera that has given that strange perspective look to the cab of the Metro 4-4-0T on the cover, it doesn't feel comfortable to me.

There is a slight lean on the model of the cab, although I think that the camera has made it look worse than it is.

The loco is scratch built, apparently London Transport Museum allowed Paul Bambrick to crawl all over the preserved No.23 to take measurements.

David

I think it's just the effect of a wide angle lens mixed with the photo tilting ever so slighlty downhill to the right rather than the model. Nice pic though and what a cracking subject! Will probably have to wait until next weekend to pick up a copy of 207 seeing we're opposite the Wild Swan roadshow at RAILEX.

On a slight digression, 205 & 206 have yet to arrive across the pond, was there a shortage in those runs or are we just dealing with the vagaries of transport?

Cheers,

David

Should you wish to enjoy the Whitchurch Road article at its best it is recommended that you relax in leather winged high back chair wearing a smoking jacket!

David

Why does that make me think of the chap out of the Fast Show reading MRJ in his Gentlemen's club?

.....I'm afraid I was very very drunk!

A name that i'm sure you'll be familiar with! ;) Shouldn't be too long before all is revealed by the sounds of it!

Unless subject to a super injunction! Of course we can find out on twitter or wait for him to be named in Parliament.

Or buy a copy :D

• RMweb Gold

On a slight digression, 205 & 206 have yet to arrive across the pond, was there a shortage in those runs or are we just dealing with the vagaries of transport?

Cheers,

David

Both (subscription copies of) 205 and 206 managed to reach California within a week of David's announcement of availability..

On that basis, I'll look forward to seeing 207 next week..

Both (subscription copies of) 205 and 206 managed to reach California within a week of David's announcement of availability..

On that basis, I'll look forward to seeing 207 next week..

Sorry, I should have specified in the shops as opposed to subscription copies.

Cheers,

David

Picked up 207 today and the greatest surprise for me was finding out that Roy Jackson had actually dared to build a compensated chassis! :lol: Normally he wouldn't go near anything that wasn't rigid!!

Why does that make me think of the chap out of the Fast Show reading MRJ in his Gentlemen's club?

.....I'm afraid I was very very drunk!

Rowley Birkin QC.

Picked up 207 today and the greatest surprise for me was finding out that Roy Jackson had actually dared to build a compensated chassis! :lol: Normally he wouldn't go near anything that wasn't rigid!!

Rowley Birkin QC.

Hi Horsetan, that's not quite correct as 'The Jackson' has built locos with various forms of suspension in the past and found that for a big project like Retford it didn't warrant the extra time spent building anything else when a rigid one worked just fine. Did you know there's even a CSB loco on Retford, but that was my fault.....;)

Dave Franks.

Archived