Southern / BR(S) Layouts

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Peter

The best bet is to start a layout topic in the Layout topics section of the forum, click here and then click the "Start new topic" button and kick off with an introductory post. From the fact that you have both made a post in here and also attached a great picture creating the post in the new thread will not be an issue.

I will keep an eye out for the new thread and then add a link to the Original Post (OP) of this thread for completeness.

I look forward to finding out more about "Bardown Road" in the future.

Hello
This is my layout, "Whitecroft Lane", a shunting yard loosely based on some sidings near Poole station. Set in the Swinging '60's and the BR Southern Region (Of coarse). This layout, or half of it was built for a competition set up by Hornby in the summer of 2012! These are some attempts at Artistic shots on the layout:

post-20657-0-24536900-1384098255_thumb.jpg

post-20657-0-13021700-1384098302_thumb.jpg

post-20657-0-44930800-1384098352_thumb.jpg

post-20657-0-71372600-1384098393_thumb.jpg

post-20657-0-45415500-1384098412_thumb.jpg

Nice - 'Lord Rowallan', I took a photo of that loco at Basingstoke shed in '65.

Thank you!

That was my most expensive loco at £70, and it's been nothing but trouble!

Sounds interesting! :)

I suppose that this is as good a place as any to ask what happened to the St Mary Hoo thread? It was mentioned on another thread which had turned sour, but the reason not stated.

Its a fantastic layout and a big inspiration! The nature of the other thread to which I'm referring makes me think that the reason for the thread's deletion may be sensitive, but I thought it was worth asking.

Many thanks

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris

I think a disagreement between Simon and some other members has unfortunately resulted in him leaving the forum. As with any forum, especially one of this size, these things happen from time to time which is a shame.

• RMweb Gold

Hello

This is my layout, "Whitecroft Lane", a shunting yard loosely based on some sidings near Poole station. Set in the Swinging '60's and the BR Southern Region (Of coarse). This layout, or half of it was built for a competition set up by Hornby in the summer of 2012! These are some attempts at Artistic shots on the layout:

Hi

If you already started a layout thread, or if you haven't yet it would nice if you did, so we can see more of your modelling skills, let me know and I will be more than happy to update the index at the start of this thread.

Hi

If you already started a layout thread, or if you haven't yet it would nice if you did, so we can see more of your modelling skills, let me know and I will be more than happy to update the index at the start of this thread.

I have started a thread about it, and thank you!

I have acquired a 'N' gauge layout from a former member of our MRC. End-to-end, track laid and wired up, basic scenery but no buildings. I'm going to set it up as a freelance Port/Holiday resort 'somewhere on the South Coast between Weymouth and Dover'. Haven't decided on a name yet (original owner named it 'Dunestone') - where on this site would I set up a layout thread to post pictures and progress notes?

I have acquired a 'N' gauge layout from a former member of our MRC. End-to-end, track laid and wired up, basic scenery but no buildings. I'm going to set it up as a freelance Port/Holiday resort 'somewhere on the South Coast between Weymouth and Dover'. Haven't decided on a name yet (original owner named it 'Dunestone') - where on this site would I set up a layout thread to post pictures and progress notes?

Layout topics

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John

Do you have a either a blog or layout thread here on Rmweb as the OP is really meant as an index of relevant RMweb content?

post-276-0-73332200-1389623542.jpg

Hi Graham, no sooner said than done (I hope) here is the link http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/79969-meopham-east-junction/

Thanks, John.

Edited by Judge Dread

00 gauge model of the Swanage Railway.

I live near this Railway, and I must say that's brilliant!

If I'm right, that's the viaduct between Nordon and Corfe Castle station

Thanks to 80104, thread started in layout topics: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/79014-dunestone-in-n/

If it can be added to the OP, please?

Quick update on my layout:
Back-scenes are painted but not fitted:
post-20657-0-89208000-1387746878_thumb.jpg

New signal box fitted:

post-20657-0-66781900-1387746883_thumb.jpg
post-20657-0-95576000-1387746887_thumb.jpg

Period changed from late 60's 66-68 to Early 60's 61-62 to allow for better accuracy in the models that run on the layout:
post-20657-0-84057300-1387746892_thumb.jpg

This loco will run on the layout as soon as it's repaired:
post-20657-0-93768300-1387746898_thumb.jpg

Matt

Edited by 80104 Productions

• 1 month later...