Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Southern / BR(S) Layouts

• RMweb Premium

OP updated to include Chris's (2ManySpam's) Pencarrow Bridge - 7mm layout

Thanks Graham

The layout is based on the Southern Bodmin and Wenford lines with a big pinch of artistic licence...

The current track plan looks like this:

post-6675-0-88203600-1391456270_thumb.jpg

With my full size mock up looking like this:

post-6675-0-33852400-1391456260_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-81301900-1391456267_thumb.jpg

And is taking shape from this post onwards

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Sf315

Ideally the OP is to act as an index for layout threads actually on this forum. Perhaps I can persuade you to start a thread on your layout, which would also have the benefit of making it more access able to a wider audience, and then I can add the link in OP? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick one chaps.

There is a good chance to see two very good Southern layouts next month

St Merryn and Frecclesham are booked for the Cardiff model railway show. See link here..

http://www.cardiffmodelrail.org.uk/

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Spent a very pleasant couple of hours watching St. Merryn at the Cardiff model railway show today. This really is a lovely, defining model railway layout. Utterly absorbing. Hopefully going back tomorrow for a second look.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nestor

I have updated the OP accordingly.

I have also added a link to Paul's (Bike2Steam) welcome new thread about his old Bembridge IoW layout

If there are other SR / BR(S) layouts on the forum that I managed to miss so far please let me know.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

OP updated with a couple more great layout threads worth a follow from Pete 75C's 00 gauge 80/90's Network South East to Kirtleypete's 0 gauge LBSCR splendour. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Graham

I have been working through this excellent thread whenever I had a moment, over the last couple of months - diverting all the way along to look at each of the listed blogs.

I now follow a number of these, but one observation I have is that it seems a bit of a shame that so many start blogs and then just let them wither and die without so much as a reason given!

Perhaps this is true of all blogs everywhere - I am a bit of a novice on such things - and perhaps it is a bit of a warning which I shall take myself, that you shouldn't start a blog and build up a loyal following unless you have the energy, time and dedication t keep it going.

Anyway, I find many of the Southern Blogs that you list to be excellent sources of inspiration as I develop my own layout - so thank you to you and all of those dedicated bloggers who maintain them.

Tony

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With humble apologies to 'Mightbe' and 'Shanks522' I have at long last updated to the OP to include links to their layout topics. I don't know why this took me so long, for some reason I managed to totally miss their posts above!