Brompton Lane

Deltic Man

Hi All

i recently purchased this part built layout with the aim to finish it off and to add to it to make an exhibition layout. The layout is approx 8 foot long and has code 100 peco track with electro frog points.

The layout is DCC and is fully lit and I will show this when I rig up a transformer.

I have added some pictures to give a flavour with afew of my locos on to add atmosphere.

Let me know what you think?

Nik

post-5758-0-95320600-1306764205_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-90636500-1306764208_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-85184100-1306764210_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-44967900-1306764214_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-82466000-1306764216_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-98036900-1306764218_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-91604900-1306764220_thumb.jpg

post-5758-0-79095500-1306764222_thumb.jpg

Hello Nik

Looks like a nice little project you have there and will be another modern image layout which would be good to see at exhibitions.

Theres plenty of potential by the looks of things more pics please with lights working too :yes:

Cheers.

Hi Nik,

I too like the look of this, it has a nice feel about it. Looks like it was a good buy.. lots of potential for a wagon works and various trip workings..

Keep us posted please. Let me know when you want to sell it! ;)

Cheers

Scott

Hi nik, what a great buy, really looks interesting and looks like there could be some great movements going on, is that a main line at the rear??

really looking forward to seeing you stamp your mark on this

great job

Neil

Hi Guys

The layout was for sale on another forum and I could'nt resist.

The line at the back will become the main line at present it ends at the end of the layout.

Hoping to have a list of jobs to do on the layout soon as I finish assesing what to do with it next.

Nik

I like the looks of this one too. Plenty of potential.

If I may be so bold though, the backscene although well executed looks a tad bland? Just sky and minimal low profile.

I don't like the "grounded" 08 at all! They are not built like that so will never be disposed of in such a manner!

Having said that, I do look forward to updates, and seeing it in the flesh.

Best of luck, C6T.

I think this has so much potential, i think if i had this layout, and this is just my thoughts, i would obviously remove the 08 body, replace it with a derilict building, possibly the remains of an old brick depot building, but only a few courses showing so that the few isnt blocked, and some cracked hard standing and debris and the remains of taken up track as if it had come from the main depot area, i think this will break the large expanse up of the front area, this will also lead each area into each other.

in regards to the backscene, i think an industrial type photo print would look fantastic on this layout and would draw your eye to the main line running at the rear and then alot of clutter around the depot and crane area ( i like alot of clutter on my layouts laugh1.gif).

but thats just my thoughts and ideas, you have a great basis of a layout here, great purchase, wish i had spotted it now laugh1.gif

Cheers

Neil

I think this has so much potential, i think if i had this layout, and this is just my thoughts, i would obviously remove the 08 body, replace it with a derilict building, possibly the remains of an old brick depot building, but only a few courses showing so that the few isnt blocked, and some cracked hard standing and debris and the remains of taken up track as if it had come from the main depot area, i think this will break the large expanse up of the front area, this will also lead each area into each other.

in regards to the backscene, i think an industrial type photo print would look fantastic on this layout and would draw your eye to the main line running at the rear and then alot of clutter around the depot and crane area ( i like alot of clutter on my layouts laugh1.gif).

but thats just my thoughts and ideas, you have a great basis of a layout here, great purchase, wish i had spotted it now laugh1.gif

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil

I love the idea of the derelict building and some rubble. I have used some photographic sheets for backscenes in the past so may go down that route just need to pick the right one.

Nik

cheers nik, i think id backscenes do some great variety of backscenes and gaugemaster do some too, both worth a look.

i think probably a city industry type look for the left side then on the right were the over bridge is maybe faded to a country, edge of city look.

Neil

Guest jim s-w

Hi nik

I agree with those saying get rid of the 08 body. It has no basis in reality at all. Other things to think about. How do staff get to the depot? How did the car get to where it is and what's with the supermarket style recycling things? How would the truck that empties them get to them?

Hth

Jim

Hi,

it's certainly got potential and I for one would install an access road from the gates by the car running along the front edge of the board to the left hand end. A single lane with a passing lay-by near to the grounded 08 would look pretty good,

regards,

Right Then list of things to do on the layout:-

1. New legs on baseboards

2. fit a new shelf for point motors to sit on and add switches to change polarity of points

3. cut out backboards to allow run round loop

4. attach roof to works

5. install power packs to power all lights

6 add more signal lights

7 remove 08 body

8 add more scrap metal

9 add access road to depot

10 add more people, lifting jacks etc

11 May purchase more buffers with lights on

12 build fiddle yard boards

13 build new control board and move switches to rear of layout

14 re wire - oh I hate this bit

I think thats it for now plenty of work even on a nice layout like this

Will keep you all in the loop

Nik

Hi Nik

That sounds like a good list to be going along with. Do you have a time frame?

I only wondered as I like to announce things here to RMWeb to give me some pressure to deliver, and wondered if you're the same?

Anyway all looking great and look forward to the updates.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Nik,

You certainly have bought an excellent layout there and as mentioned before the potential you have for the future must be very exciting for you. One thing you might want to consider is adding a few 56s and 60s! :D

Good luck with your project.

Archived