Cheers guys,

The windows are just pictures.. Brick card on top of perspex and the pictures stuck behind it. I've added the "sale signs" to one of the pictures.. I was quite pleased with the way they have turned out. Didn't manage to get to the model shop today, had to do Christmas stuff instead...

Maybe tomorrow..

Well N-gauge is a good size for smaller spaces as obviously you can get more into a space than OO gauge. However I would never model it as I think its too small!

OO gauge has so many high quality modern locos and stock with DCC installation straightforward. I will be interested in seing your N-Gauge model though.

Regards

Lewis

Its all just a dream Lewis, If I was going to do it it would be the yard north of the station. I had alook at the Hinskey N gauge layout on here, they have their work cut out and theres a whole team on that...

post-6849-0-63096900-1323867711.jpg

Better carry on with Redbrook really.

Well my advice would be to carry on with Redbrook as all money or resources you have can go into completing the layout. Therefore you would have something to show for the work and money and then start another project. Of course its up to you but from my experience its better to concrentrate on one layout and finish that before starting something else.

Regards,

Lewis

Not a great deal to report on the Redbrook front, been a bit busy. I seem to be starting projects and not finishing them so I need to sort myself out.

The birthday fairy delivered a new wagon which I'm pleased with, it can be seen here being removed from the end of an inbound engineers working. 09019 working the yard this afternoon.

post-6849-0-47140600-1324241473_thumb.jpg

08530 seen a bit later moving a GUV into the shed for painting, still have lots of yellow paint laying around..

post-6849-0-76834500-1324241467_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I had remembered just forgot to post it this morning.

Thought you might like these pics of Buxton I took last week, might give you some ideas for details at the buffer stops etc. I like the middle road, maybe a centre road at Redbrook would look good with the MPV sat on it?? :diablo_mini:

post-6922-0-35923400-1324243903.jpg

post-6922-0-99204000-1324243917.jpg

post-6922-0-08092800-1324244087.jpg

post-6922-0-71702400-1324243935.jpg

Cheers guys, It's my escape so it has to be cheerful, I wont go over the top with the yellow though.. Promise!

Thanks for the pictures Ian, hadn't though of a central road but could be possible. I'll check with the engineers who are still on site.. However they are looking at the possibllity of a bay siding too at the moment..

• 4 weeks later...

Evening,

Its been a while, not much to report on the layout front. Arriva have pulled out of the passenger sevice and the building contractors have gone bust so the station re-development has been put on hold. Redbrook continues to survive by the skin of its teeth. The old diesel depot is no longer laying dormant. Its re-opened as a wagon works, providing all the necessary facilities for the engineering fleet.

The works are currently working on a salmon wagon, which is due to be outshopped very shortly. There is also a new visitor to the yard, currently being used for shunting and local workings to and from Eastleigh.

You could be forgiven for thinking I've gone back a few years in the picture below.

73 208 arrives at Redbrook witha few dutch limpets.

post-6849-0-45706400-1327093511_thumb.jpg

I have had a go at re-spraying, this was originally the SWT class 73 but its now 73 208 Kirsten from the GBRF pool. Still needs a bit more work on the cantrail which is pushing me to my limits when it comes to patience! When thats done I'll be attempting to weather it.

Cheers

Scott

Archived